Graphics Fan (Dutch Trainset 2), with question.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Graphics Fan (Dutch Trainset 2), with question.

Post by rbos86 »

Hello,

I tried FIRS 2 and it looks great, but there are too many industry -possibilities according to my liking. Can't really tell where to begin.
So, I started a more simple game with Dutch Trainset 2, and though the graphics are great, I hardly use the wagons because of their lack in travel speed. I use the wagons of OpenGFX +Trains. That way I can transport cargo more quickly.

I don't begin about the why of the wagon -speed in Dutch Trainset 2, I just wish they could travel faster, to be more competitive with other wagon sets. Is there a way around? I just checked the parameters but they don't change speed...

Thank you for reading,

rbos86
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Graphics Fan (Dutch Trainset 2), with question.

Post by Transportman »

You can disable the wagon speed limits if you want. It's an option in the Advanced Settings of OpenTTD.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I'm going to search for it right away!
This might be something which I need...

Thanks!

EDIT: It wasn't too hard to find. Now I can use the graphics from Dutch Trainset 2.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

As for the why, if I remember reading correctly, the set was coded to reflect the reality of rail travel in the Netherlands. The wagons don't go faster because legally they're not allowed to.

Also, as for FIRS 2, try using one of the "Basic" economies rather than "Extreme". In FIRS 3 I believe that "Temperate Basic" will be the new default economy, but it will also now have six economies to choose from.
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Ok.

I like my kind of 'old-fashioned' style of game, so I'm still not really planning to play the FIRS2 game. I always get confussed with my own game (trainlines that get stuck with other networks, or get full), so there's still much to puzzle.

Dutch trainset is always my favorite game -style, but original speeds were too slow for an OpenTTD -reality world... :)
So I changed the setting, and now everything travels as fast as the engine, without the engine to travel slow.
And that is not perfect also, but at least I can play fast with the goods!

Thanks.

Return to “General OpenTTD”