OpenTTD 1.7.1-RC1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: OpenTTD 1.7.1-RC1

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

GarryG wrote:Could add dinosaurs to the Flintstone sets to work in the Quarries and I seen episodes they used one of those flying dinosaurs as their aircraft.
Everything you say is already in my plans for future vehicles a long time ago. I just need that, time. By time, more Flintstone vehicles will arrive and maybe will add some extra animation to the present vehicles.

If someone invents the days of more than 30 hours, I buy one.
Forget the teleport, invents this :) :D
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

GarryG wrote:If someone invents the days of more than 30 hours, I buy one.
I know what you mean .. I suppose you want a 8 day calander too :D and with so many ideas hard to decide which to work on next.

In the 1970s and earlier, the railways worked in normal times for their timetables a.m. and p.m. but often people get timetables mixed up and go to catch a train at 7 pm that departed at 7 am .. so they started using the 24 hour times .. wasn't long after this I seen that 25 hour clock. Haven't seen any since. 30 hour would be better :D Cheers pal
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

GarryG wrote:I suppose you want a 8 day calander too :D
YES PLEASE! As long as it's one that gives a 3 day weekend and not a 6 day working week! :mrgreen:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pilot wrote:
YES PLEASE! As long as it's one that gives a 3 day weekend and not a 6 day working week! :mrgreen:
What about a half day on the 6th day? Goto work for a couple hours, get things ready for monday and then get out at lunch and go enjoy the rest of the day
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NekoMaster wrote:
Pilot wrote:
What about a half day on the 6th day? Goto work for a couple hours, get things ready for monday and then get out at lunch and go enjoy the rest of the day
Hmmmm, I guess I could live with that! What would we call this 6th day? Also, this topic has taken an interesting turn!
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

Pilot wrote:What would we call this 6th day?
Ummm...
Friday + Saturday -> FriTurDay :lol:
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

The names of the seven weekdays have names corresponding to the seven moving celestial bodies known to antiquity: Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn. Thus, the next one should be named after Uranus :P
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

leifbk wrote:The names of the seven weekdays have names corresponding to the seven moving celestial bodies known to antiquity: Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn. Thus, the next one should be named after Uranus :P
Urday then? It's "YOUR DAY" to have fun
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Selection_040.png
Selection_040.png (11.82 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
I've got a font issue with the new 1.7.1-RC1. The Norwegian characters æ and ø have a larger size than the rest, while the å looks normal. This is on Linux, no fiddling with the fonts.
Tan920
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tan920 »

When is the final 1.7.1 is going to come out? Its been one month since this RC1 release and as far as I know the rc releases should be only be testing for 2 weeks before the next one or release!
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

In the description for the Windows packages, it says "Windows XP / Vista / 7 (64bit) (installer)" for x64and "Windows XP with SP3 / Vista / 7 (32bit) (installer)" for x86. What about Windows 8 and 10? OpenTTD works fine on them, so maybe add them to the list.

(I assume the devs just overlooked that.)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Tan920 wrote:When is the final 1.7.1 is going to come out? Its been one month since this RC1 release and as far as I know the rc releases should be only be testing for 2 weeks before the next one or release
Shouldn't be any time limit how long it takes to make releases .. everyone who involved in making this game and the add-ons are all volunteers and do this work in our own time between their home life, families and work. So be patience .. good things come to those who wait.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Tan920
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tan920 »

There was always had a 2 weeks time of testing before release for 1.x.x series... But since OpenTTD development is practically dead, they should just make a release immediately or to be more consistent between releases, the number of new features per year is getting lesser and lesser and I have played the game for the past 5 years and annual releases is really not going well nowadays. Maybe for OpenTTD 1.7.2 on they should just take it from straight from the nightly and then test for it before releases instead of just adding just bugfixes patches and new features being stuck in nightly for up to a year before everyone could enjoy it.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

There has never been any hard written policy that states an RC is tested for only two weeks before the next release. If you want an immediate release, go download a nightly, which is typically quite a bit ahead of any stable release. You can sit on the bleeding edge of development, patches and bug fixes.

It's easy to make bigger releases every two weeks when the program is brand new and there are a lot of developers, who are mostly young kids with plenty of time and energy on their hands. Not so much when the software is very mature, stable, 10+ years old and the developers themselves have become older, more mature, and developed other interests and responsibilities as time goes on.

If you'd like to learn more about how the developers work, feel free to drop in on the IRC channels, or check out the code repository to see what work they're actually doing on a daily basis.
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

It was supposed to be released on 1st June, but I only remembered that on Saturday(?).

Anyway, it's available now.
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Tan920 wrote:There was always had a 2 weeks time of testing before release for 1.x.x series... But since OpenTTD development is practically dead, they should just make a release immediately or to be more consistent between releases, the number of new features per year is getting lesser and lesser and I have played the game for the past 5 years and annual releases is really not going well nowadays. Maybe for OpenTTD 1.7.2 on they should just take it from straight from the nightly and then test for it before releases instead of just adding just bugfixes patches and new features being stuck in nightly for up to a year before everyone could enjoy it.
Next time you unhappy with the hard work these fellas do I suggest you ask for a full refund. They might even refund double to what you paid. :)

If still not happy do what we do in my country .. any thing you get for free and not happy with, make an official complaint .. need to be a hand written complaint in duplicate (that is carbon copy .. not photocopy) have it witnessed by a Justice of Peace or a lawyer and address all 3 copies to your self :)

Cheers
Soot Happens
Swift_8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Swift_8 »

Trains are cancer, even for 1 day, they should've been removed.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I know that some players do exclusively play with RVs and ships. It's fully recommended to play games with "weird" size, or not use trains, or whatever. It makes for a very different experience from what you usually do.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

That why the game so great to play as the odds of generating a map the same with towns and industries, rivers and lakes all in same place must be 1 in a million chance, and then we have the variety of what transport we like to use.

The whole game is like a cancer .. very addictive.

Question .. Is there any other game that came our when DOS was the operating System and has been revived and basically still played the same way with very little change in graphics. And can now be played basically all operating systems?
Soot Happens
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

GarryG wrote:Question .. Is there any other game that came our when DOS was the operating System and has been revived and basically still played the same way with very little change in graphics. And can now be played basically all operating systems?
Ah, looking for more addictions, are you? :D

Of course there are other games. In fact, reviving and playing such games is called "retro gaming" and it's significant in size, it seems, even in the commercial sense. There is also an effort to archive such old games for future reference, to avoid it becoming completely lost. The aim in the latter is then historic accuracy using everything original.
I have been to exhibitions of old games, it's amazing :)

Some examples I have been involved in are the original SimCity (now called Micropolis), the original Theme Hospital (now named CorsixTh, after its founder Corsix who started the effort), and the original Dune II game, now called OpenDune. There are however zillions of other games out there. If you include "game inspired by XYZ" too, the number is even larger. My guess is that pretty much every relevant game has been recreated to some extent. Use some Interwebs search-foo to find them!

Note that "retro" is quite connected to age, people play games they liked in their youth, so different ages play different games.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”