OpenTTD 1.7.1-RC1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 1.7.1-RC1

Post by frosch »

OpenTTD 1.7.1-RC1 brings you a fine selection of fixes. In particular it should work better on newer versions of Windows.

Please help testing the release candidate, so it works on various platforms.

In other news, our April Fool's plan to remove ships was not well received. So we reconsidered them, and now look into trains.

May the fourth be with you!

Download | Changelog | Bug-Tracker
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 1.7.1-RC1

Post by Wolf01 »

No please don't remove trains, ships are fine :bow:

:lol:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If you think about it, the trains really are the worst, and most troublesome, part of this game. It would be better if they didn't exist.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Please remove tiles.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

People , they are never happy with what they have,always moaning . :shock:
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

I like trains. And taking in consideration plane speed decrease maglev trains are the fastest vehicle in the game...
wiki.openttd.org wrote:Railways and trains are probably the most fun form of transport to use in OpenTTD. Trains, currently, are the most profitable vehicle. You can build complex rail networks to handle hundreds of trains, and fully control where trains go by using signals and waypoints.
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Please, don't remove them!
Or this is a joke too?!! :evil:
ⒶALEX
My screenshots (OpenTTD); what should I do? Also, AltSFX!
I❤️OTTD
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

How about remove system32? I heard that removing that might help speed up OpenTTD development and improve performance across windows versions from 95 to 10.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

kamnet wrote:If you think about it, the trains really are the worst, and most troublesome, part of this game. It would be better if they didn't exist.
Maybe not trains, but signals really have to go. A modern game shouldn't be bogged down with such micro-manage-y complications half the users don't understand anyway.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

With the stirring going on about removing one of the transports in the game ..

Maybe for the interesting and curiosity have a vote .. IF one was to go which one should it be?

Or just vote which is your favourite see what transport players like the most. see what are the top 3?
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Why not remove both Trains and Road Vehicles? Then we could transport everything by plane and ship! :mrgreen:
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Remove everything except zeppelins. :twisted:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Supercheese wrote:Remove everything except zeppelins. :twisted:
Better get started with cloud funding for Hindenburg Tycoon
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

Just increase teleportation distance and remove all the useless transports :P
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

GarryG wrote:Maybe for the interesting and curiosity have a vote .. IF one was to go which one should it be?
I would love to lose aircraft - there's no scope at all for creative network design, you just buy planes until the airports are full, then build more airports, then repeat. :twisted:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

FLHerne wrote:
GarryG wrote:Maybe for the interesting and curiosity have a vote .. IF one was to go which one should it be?
I would love to lose aircraft - there's no scope at all for creative network design, you just buy planes until the airports are full, then build more airports, then repeat. :twisted:
If you're like me, you buy planes until the airports are beyond full, and then buy some more for good measure! :lol:
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Pilot wrote:If you're like me, you buy planes until the airports are beyond full, and then buy some more for good measure!
No matter how well we try to convince people that our favourite transport is the best .. we will never really win that argument.

We all got our favourites in the games and that a good enough reason all transports should stay in game.

I love the trains ever since I was a wee fella and also because I worked for them .. where ever possible I like to transfer cargo to/from the trains

I find road vehicle and Trams are great over short distance and providing a service with in the town/city.

Planes great to for connecting large cities over a long distance and use them for Passenger, Mail and Goods.

And we can't do without ships while we have Industries in the middle of the water such as Oil Rigs, Fish Farms, and Dredging. Plus there is the shore based Industries such as Bulk Terminals. They great to connect islands especially before planes become available. Does anyone know in real where planes used to carry Coal, Grain and other raw materials? (Maybe someone could add Pigeons to the game before planes invented to carry mail :) )

Good thing if players have a transport they don't like .. there is no rule saying they have to use them. :D

EDIT: Friend just mentioned to me while not add 2 more transports .. Did you watched the old TV series Flintstone? Maybe could add the types transport they used? And another idea mentioned to me just now .. could introduce Camel TRains, Mules, and slaves to carry cargos before road and trains was invented. :D
Soot Happens
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

GarryG wrote:
Pilot wrote:If you're like me, you buy planes until the airports are beyond full, and then buy some more for good measure!
No matter how well we try to convince people that our favourite transport is the best .. we will never really win that argument.

We all got our favourites in the games and that a good enough reason all transports should stay in game.

I love the trains ever since I was a wee fella and also because I worked for them .. where ever possible I like to transfer cargo to/from the trains

I find road vehicle and Trams are great over short distance and providing a service with in the town/city.

Planes great to for connecting large cities over a long distance and use them for Passenger, Mail and Goods.

And we can't do without ships while we have Industries in the middle of the water such as Oil Rigs, Fish Farms, and Dredging. Plus there is the shore based Industries such as Bulk Terminals. They great to connect islands especially before planes become available. Does anyone know in real where planes used to carry Coal, Grain and other raw materials? (Maybe someone could add Pigeons to the game before planes invented to carry mail :) )

Good thing if players have a transport they don't like .. there is no rule saying they have to use them. :D

EDIT: Friend just mentioned to me while not add 2 more transports .. Did you watched the old TV series Flintstone? Maybe could add the types transport they used? And another idea mentioned to me just now .. could introduce Camel TRains, Mules, and slaves to carry cargos before road and trains was invented. :D
Theoretically you could use a cargo plane to transport up to its maximum capacity of any cargo, though I imagine that it would be expensive and impractical to ship things like coal, ores, chemicals, oil, etc.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It's not more expensive when planes are the only infrastructure you have.

See: Ice Pilots NWT. :)
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

GarryG wrote:Friend just mentioned to me while not add 2 more transports .. Did you watched the old TV series Flintstone? Maybe could add the types transport they used?
For you and your friend, try Famous Cars. Since version 8 includes some Flintstone vehicles; The perfect transport for a future OTTD, when all types of vehicles are removed :shock: :cry:

No ships, no trains, no nothing... Only the Flintstone vehicles survived. It's logical, they're hard as stone ;)

And, for the new transports...
I join to the teleport idea :) :D :lol:
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

SilverSurferZzZ wrote:For you and your friend, try Famous Cars. Since version 8 includes some Flintstone vehicles; The perfect transport for a future OTTD, when all types of vehicles are removed
I'll have to have a look .. when I play a game it been only to test what I been making over the past 12 months or so. Could add dinosaurs to the Flintstone sets to work in the Quarries and I seen episodes they used one of those flying dinosaurs as their aircraft. :D
Soot Happens

Return to “General OpenTTD”