Unlimited resources?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

City Builder
Engineer
Engineer

Unlimited resources?

Post by City Builder »

Hi,

Are there any grf's for unlimited resources, so that things like oil wells don't get used up and disappear?

Thanks
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unlimited resources?

Post by Transportman »

I believe there is a NewGRF that specifically prevents the oil wells from always dropping (I think it is in the Online Content). I think OpenGFX+ Industries also has something like that (among other features).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
ccomley
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ccomley »

City Builder wrote:Hi,

Are there any grf's for unlimited resources, so that things like oil wells don't get used up and disappear?

Thanks
Not tried it, can you not just use the "modify production values" cheat and notch up the output of the well?

I must say I've given up on on-land oil wells as they always seem to dry up JUST after I get things set up to fetch their oil.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Temperate climate is designed to do that, the player is pushed from oilwells to oilrigs.

Other climates don't havw dying oilwells.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

You could have a look at my industry set, SPI, which offers many options including industry sites that never ever close down (just pick the right options).

It is a fork from FIRS but it uses industry stockpiling. It's available on Bananas.

You might like it...
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Alberth wrote:Temperate climate is designed to do that, the player is pushed from oilwells to oilrigs.
There IS a NewGRF that negates this.

Return to “General OpenTTD”