Easy way of merging companies

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CharlyHRO
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Easy way of merging companies

Post by CharlyHRO »

I wonder if it would be possible to just merge companies into a single one like its done when a company hits bancrupcy and another one swallows it. Is this achievable by a console command? I have a lot of savegames from past network games and for easier maintenance of the different companies I'd like to merge them into a single one.

Ideas?
moe moe pipebomb
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: Easy way of merging companies

Post by Pilot »

I don't think there is a console command for it, however, you could use the cheat menu (access via Control+Alt+C), add as much money as you need, and then simply buy out the other companies.

It's a lot of clicking, depending on the value of the companies, but I believe it's the only easy way to do it.
CharlyHRO
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CharlyHRO »

Pilot wrote:... however, you could use the cheat menu ..., add as much money as you need, and then simply buy out the other companies. ...
Well, no, this way I can only buy 75% of the other companies, not 100%.
moe moe pipebomb
penguin2233
Engineer
Engineer

Post by penguin2233 »

CharlyHRO wrote:
Pilot wrote:... however, you could use the cheat menu ..., add as much money as you need, and then simply buy out the other companies. ...
Well, no, this way I can only buy 75% of the other companies, not 100%.
Yes, you would only be able to buy 75% and not 100% because that is a "human player" and you can't swallow up a non bankrupt "human player"
4 Tracks :P .2 tracks :) . 1 track ;( .
LabUser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LabUser »

If you use the cheat menu to switch to the other company, demolish water tiles until the company has no money left and starts going bankrupt, switch back to your own company and buy them when they become insolvent?
penguin2233
Engineer
Engineer

Post by penguin2233 »

LabUser wrote:If you use the cheat menu to switch to the other company, demolish water tiles until the company has no money left and starts going bankrupt, switch back to your own company and buy them when they become insolvent?
But wouldn't that be bad as now you have a company that has joined your company alongside it's debt
4 Tracks :P .2 tracks :) . 1 track ;( .

Return to “General OpenTTD”