Early Train Question

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

VirlomiEntreri
Engineer
Engineer

Early Train Question

Post by VirlomiEntreri »

I'm trying to get into this, but I really want to go through the older trains and work my way to the present/future. Is there a train set that starts in the early 1800's? Maybe even the first steam engines like Trevithick's or The Rocket, the Salamanca, Coalbrookdale, etc?
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Early Train Question

Post by sevenfm »

UKRS + Early Rail
viewtopic.php?t=41132

UKRS starts in 1830.
Early Rail starts in 1812 with slow experimental locos.
I like trains. They are soothing.
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

UKRS2 starts in 1830, and NARS2 starts in 1837. Iron Horse starts in 1860. Other sets might have some early start dates too, you can look through this list for the majority of sets available here.
VirlomiEntreri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VirlomiEntreri »

Thank you guys. It's not quite what I was hoping for, but the horse drawn wagons on tracks is neat for being pre-1700's. And getting an actual steam engine (albeit a cruddy one) in 1802 is awesome.

Thanks. =)

Edit: Any multiplayer servers that use these early starts for fun?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

600mm narrow gauge have horse pulled minecarts since 1700, other horse drawn carriages are available later, first steam locomotives from 1850.
It can be used as auxiliary set for other normal gauge sets, especially for short range mine to harbour transits etc.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.

Return to “General OpenTTD”