Max vehicles

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Benji TTD
Engineer
Engineer

Max vehicles

Post by Benji TTD »

Hello,

I read in posts on this forum about 10 years old that it was impossible to increase the max vehicles limit of 5000, which I understand is also a 65000 "vehicle-parts" limit. I wanted to know if this is still true today. OpenTTD wiki says 5000 "is more than enough for anyone", but I do have about 4900 road vehicles and 3100 trains in my game right now, carrying only passengers ...

Help appreciated if there is an option to overpass this limit.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Max vehicles

Post by planetmaker »

Benji TTD wrote:Hello,

I read in posts on this forum about 10 years old that it was impossible to increase the max vehicles limit of 5000, which I understand is also a 65000 "vehicle-parts" limit. I wanted to know if this is still true today. OpenTTD wiki says 5000 "is more than enough for anyone", but I do have about 4900 road vehicles and 3100 trains in my game right now, carrying only passengers ...

It's still a compile-time constant which still has the same value.
Benji TTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Benji TTD »

Ok, thanks !
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

On this topic I was just reflecting the other day on how the original Railroad Tycoon limited you to 32 trains and stations...saying 'anyone would have their hands full with 32 trains'. How times change!
burty
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by burty »

planetmaker wrote:
Benji TTD wrote:Hello,

It's still a compile-time constant which still has the same value.
Is there a reason this is still in place? With the reasonably recent addition of the 4096x4096 map size I can see how the limit of 5k would be reached much easier than before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General OpenTTD”