Double decking 4-tracking

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

penguin2233
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Double decking 4-tracking

Post by penguin2233 »

petern wrote:If you're broke, you probably don't need to be building double deck 4 track railways...
tru but maybe its the only way to make money.. :twisted: Anyways, a 4-track is very big and kinda useless unless you have track mergers everywahere, but the compact 4-track is kinda unreliable if trains breakdown often and if one train slows down for a signal, then it breaks the system and then start-stop pattens emerge.
4 Tracks :P .2 tracks :) . 1 track ;( .
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Double decking 4-tracking

Post by trainrover »

Me, I can't dare mixing freight with passengers, and 4-tracking's very necessary to keep up with the absurdly increasing passenger traffic..5-platform stations are about the smallest size to meet demands..and at least 6-platform ones inside from the merges-a-everywhere (junctions). Expanding railways is tiresome. Because of the high capacitities to the delightful subway train accessories, 2-tracking's safe from the outset.

That 16-tracking, bi-directional fleet maintenance centre is overkill, by the way, but I didn't want to risk having to re-do it had I instead devised it 8-track. But I can always have other freight (non-paper) draw on the midwestern-like depot centre.

Return to “General OpenTTD”