In search of old map from older version of the game

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Tuge
Engineer
Engineer

In search of old map from older version of the game

Post by Tuge »

Ok, i used to play with windows vista and windows 7 (others too and years ago when this came out, but had breaks from it) this game some time ago, now i want to return, but there is only like 2 maps i like and i hate that those arent in new one. I do not remember names of these maps, but other map had edinburgh in them, maybe both im not sure. It had only small towns to begin with, big mountain in the middle of the map (also small town up that mountain and there was forest resource next to it), one island in left up corner and 2 islands on right side of the map atleast (other had 2 towns and other had one town) what i remember... I wish i remember any name of those cities, even thou i used years playing just this map cuz i loved it. I remember best way was start with oil in this map and there was few in water.

Now im not sure if these maps was really based on country (like locations are right or not even some towns was).

What else i can say to you remembering this map.. well i dont remember much more atm, i think there was more islands than 3, maybe 5, but they were smaller (like some factory on them or something) Anyways this map was with those few maps what was in old one, it wasnt downloaded from the internet, it was part of this game and now its gone and i got no other way to find out, i tried to google, but its hard when you dont remember names of town or even part name of the map... maybe someone remember this map, i atleast hope so. Oh yeah, location of those oil rigs were (atleast what i remember) next to that left up corner island (between that and main island, but very close to map wall) and other was right down corner. I think these 2 was in the begining, more came later, there may been 3rd one up right corner.

Im sure someone will remember this map cuz it was build in the game.

I make small map of it, these are not all the towns and factories in this map, some town locations may be also wrong, but it gives some kind of idea what im looking for.

Thanks!
Attachments
oldmap.png
(23.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dave

Re: In search of old map from older version of the game

Post by Dave »

The map with Edinburgh on was a special map of Scotland in 1957. I don't know how the scenarios with extant systems were built, but the Scotland one was notorious for the AI companies removing all their lines around ten years in. I think there was a base map which you could play from scratch.

I don't know about the other one.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

https://wiki.openttd.org/List_of_scenarios_in_OpenTTD

Could it be any of these? They were at various points all included in OpenTTD before we stopped including scenarios in the release.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Tuge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tuge »

Thanks for messages.

That list may help me, but its still searching if any of those are them. Will check them out, but if anyone remembering this map, please let me know :)

One more thing i remember, its temperate map.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Dave wrote:The map with Edinburgh on was a special map of Scotland in 1957. I don't know how the scenarios with extant systems were built, but the Scotland one was notorious for the AI companies removing all their lines around ten years in. I think there was a base map which you could play from scratch.

I don't know about the other one.
Classic, used to love that map. The AI couldn't hack managing the systems it was given! Though in one game the North British system went bankrupt and I was able to do a reverse takeover and turn it round. Fantastic stuff.

Return to “General OpenTTD”