Automatic timetable separation

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MachtiSonni
Engineer
Engineer

Automatic timetable separation

Post by MachtiSonni »

Hey there,

new user here. A veteran with TTD though. I got the original game for Christmas something like 20 years ago and I'm thrilled that this great game has been remade into a modern form.

Anyway, I like having vehicles perfectly separate each other so that the distance is exaclty the same between all vehicles. I know how to do this in the trunk-version using the Ctrl-Click on the start date after autofilling the route and modifying it if need be. However, is there a patch that does everything automatically so you can just select "Figure this out automatically" and I never have to touch anything even if I add/remove vehicles or upgrade them. I found some patches but they're anything between 3 and 6 years old.

Thank you!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Automatic timetable separation

Post by Redirect Left »

Is this what you're looking for? - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=46391
Also, a few patchpacks include this as one of the many patches as part of the pack. I personally use JGRs patch pack, which has the above and a load of other absolutely amazing features, which are listed in the first post of that thread, and it's a simple case of extracting the folder and running the openttd executable.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dschimmi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dschimmi »

MachtiSonni wrote:how to do this in the trunk-version using the Ctrl-Click on the start date after autofilling the route
You made my day! Playing this Game for so many years and missed this Feature so much ... and it was there all the time ... :bow:
MachtiSonni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MachtiSonni »

Works like a charm. Thank you!
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

Dschimmi wrote:
MachtiSonni wrote:how to do this in the trunk-version using the Ctrl-Click on the start date after autofilling the route
You made my day! Playing this Game for so many years and missed this Feature so much ... and it was there all the time ... :bow:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: https://wiki.openttd.org/Timetable#Automatic_Spacing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General OpenTTD”