Turning off vanilla vehicles?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

das_ben
Engineer
Engineer

Turning off vanilla vehicles?

Post by das_ben »

Greetings,

I prefer playing with user-made vehicles only. Is there a way to disable loading the vanilla vehicles in a new game? I know I can filter the buy window by hiding individual vehicles, and I do, but I'd like to stop the AI from using them as well. That's for aesthetic reasons, but also because for instance the standard airplanes are much cheaper than those in av8, giving the AI an unfair advantage.

Thanks!
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Turning off vanilla vehicles?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Some NewGRF sets automatically turn off the vanilla vehicles (since I prefer the widest possible selection,I've been concerned with workarounds to counteract this).
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Some NewGRF sets automatically turn off the vanilla vehicles (since I prefer the widest possible selection,I've been concerned with workarounds to counteract this).
To answer your question, load OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles and OpenGFX+ Trains, which are NewGRF versions of the default trains and road vehicles.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Unlike the OP,I'm not looking for what I want (I actually have multiple versions of default vehicles in my recent games).I don't know which NewGRFs the OP has loaded,but they apparently are not ones that remove the default vehicles (adding such a set while not adding any of the substitutes for default vehicles would solve his objective).
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

quite the contrary, pretty much all NewGRF sets disable the default vehicles, but some re-add them. you should disable those NewGRF sets.

Return to “General OpenTTD”