Salvage Priorities

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Salvage Priorities

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Green Victory RR is in dire straits...I abandoned my first efforts to get through 1972 and resorted to an early-in-year autosave,and ordered all my deteriorating Hudson engines,once the pride of the fleet,to depots for scrapping.
This has helped cash flow as they were blocking trains that still worked when they broke down.
Money to replace them is very very tight...so where is it best spent?
If a line is electrified I'd tend to go with an EE AL6,otherwise a Britannia,but all advice welcome.
Attachments
GreenVictoryRailroad,22ndAug1972.sav
(577.91 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: Salvage Priorities

Post by Pilot »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Money to replace them is very very tight...so where is it best spent?
If a line is electrified I'd tend to go with an EE AL6,otherwise a Britannia,but all advice welcome.
I would maybe recommend the Brush Type 4 for non-electrified lines. It costs about £200k more than the Brittania, however, costs £200k/year less to run. It also runs just 5mph slower, but has more power and Tractive effort, mean it is more suitable to gradients and longer trains.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Salvage Priorities

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I haven't been able to buy as many engines as I've junked,which leaves some passengers stranded in depots,but so far the company is surviving,and I'm noting a dramatic inflection on the company-value graph.
A bunch of Hudsons are still mothballed while money to replace is scraped together,so I can analyze situations line-by-line.
Attachments
GreenVictoryRailroad,1stMay1973.sav
(580.36 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”