ECS Chemical Plant closure

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

liquid
Engineer
Engineer

ECS Chemical Plant closure

Post by liquid »

It appears that ECS Chemical Plant as the only industry in the set has the property that it gets been closed when a town grows up and reaches the area where the Plant is built. It's more annoying that this behaviour remains the same without any compensation when the user funds it. I think it doesn't work properly.
I prefer to dedicate my free time rather to free and open software and organizations than private corporations that are, if not evil, money eager.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: ECS Chemical Plant closure

Post by luxtram »

liquid wrote:It appears that ECS Chemical Plant as the only industry in the set has the property that it gets been closed when a town grows up and reaches the area where the Plant is built. It's more annoying that this behaviour remains the same without any compensation when the user funds it. I think it doesn't work properly.
I second to your point. While it is probably is working properly in a sense that it works as the authors intended it to work, then this behaviour is really kind of annoying as the player can not control city growth in that direction.

In real life a dangerous plant near the city would be not a problem as zoning laws would not allow to build near the plant.
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

So build a fence around it :)
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

leifbk wrote:So build a fence around it :)
Ingenious!!! This would be most clever usage of VAST fences newgrf.
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

liquid wrote:It appears that ECS Chemical Plant as the only industry in the set has the property that it gets been closed when a town grows up and reaches the area where the Plant is built. It's more annoying that this behaviour remains the same without any compensation when the user funds it. I think it doesn't work properly.
Do you have the Magic Bulldozer on? If you do, this can explain why the Industry disappeared as the town grew, as the Town simply knocks it down, much like you would. I've never heard of an Industry being set to disappear if the Town gets too close.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Pilot wrote:
Do you have the Magic Bulldozer on? If you do, this can explain why the Industry disappeared as the town grew, as the Town simply knocks it down, much like you would. I've never heard of an Industry being set to disappear if the Town gets too close.
I believe that this is the intended behavior. As towns grow certain industries that are no longer suitable to be inside towns will close down. Farms also do this.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

kamnet wrote: I believe that this is the intended behavior. As towns grow certain industries that are no longer suitable to be inside towns will close down. Farms also do this.
Hmm. Then how large does a town need to be before a farm abandons ship? I've got one right next to a town here? I also have magic bulldozer on (I turn it on + cheat 1000K at the beginning of most games to get myself a network built up fast)
Attachments
TTRANS, 5275-08-18.png
(814.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
liquid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by liquid »

OK. Anybody to implement sueing the town authorities facility? :wink:
Thanks for comments. I'll try to buy surrounding area. Maybe it helps.
I prefer to dedicate my free time rather to free and open software and organizations than private corporations that are, if not evil, money eager.

Return to “General OpenTTD”