Pestersome loading times

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Pestersome loading times

Post by trainrover »

Would somebody please recommend to me bus, tram and train NewGRF's that bear no excessive loading time, e.g., less than 4 days?

Freight, plane and ship NewGRF's are more often passable, but most of the passenger bus, tram and train ones can be so queer that more time's often spent off/loading than actually running. One bus NewGRF takes 12 days to drop off and pick up full loads at a given stop! American ones tend to be the least strange.

Default OTTD vehicules bear reasonable loading times, yet how did commiting lengthy ones into NewGRF's become popular? There's still no way for hapless users like myself to tweak loading-time code before NewGRF deployment, right?

Eye-popping loading times make up the lone hindrance at timetabling my otherwise robust networks.
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Pestersome loading times

Post by Kalen »

I'm not very knowledgeable on NewGRF sets and their loading times, but perhaps disabling gradual loading in openttd.cfg (set gradual_loading to false) will make things faster, if you don't mind doing away with this particular feature.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Trains longer than the platform? Then loading time explodes.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Maybe try the Japan set, it has very short loading times for commuter trains (and longer loading times for express trains). But spending more time standing around than actually driving isn't that weird for urban transportation.

Return to “General OpenTTD”