Could two towns share a station?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Janna7680
Engineer
Engineer

Could two towns share a station?

Post by Janna7680 »

A question that I was unable to find an answer to.

Could one station work for two different towns? I play with Distant- join enabled and a liberal station spread, so would it be possible to create a Bern-Lausanne station that could serve both, and "serve" both cities, i.e cause town growth, in both vanilla and with Gamescripts, "Neighbours are important, for instance.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Could two towns share a station?

Post by _dp_ »

Don't know how neighbors work but in vanilla it will count for growth in both towns as long as station sign is in town zone(tz0) for both.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

From my experience, if town is within the catchment area of station. Passengers will use station, and the town does appear to grow.
I'm not 100% sure though, but it does seem that way to me.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

Towns can share a station for generating passengers but only one town can receive them.
The same thing is true for delivering food to trigger growth, only one of the towns can receive it.

I have noticed that towns that are 'not growing' will grow very slowly over time, doubling there initial size in about 100 years.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

No, a station will only serve to benefit one town in growth, although it will receive passengers and goods from any surrounding tiles in its cachement areas. Whichever zone the station's sign sits one will be the city that benefits.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

Oh, right, what I said is only about active stations. Food and water that are required in some climates always go to only one town (whichever is in station name when you build it)

Return to “General OpenTTD”