Finding unused track

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

khabarakh23
Engineer
Engineer

Finding unused track

Post by khabarakh23 »

Hi All,

I'm up to year 2072 and thought I'd replaced all my monorail services with maglev, however, my infrastructure shows I have 91 monorail pieces still in existence. Is there a way to fond these without trawling the map?

I don't have any monorail trains so ian't find them that way. I bought out a couple of other companies so there may be unfinished lines from there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Shabba!
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Finding unused track

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Did any of the bought companies have stranded monorail stations?
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

if you are not using any regular or electric rail then you can 'scan' for monorail with the convert rail tool.

select maglev rail type then click on convert tool. zoom the map out as far as possible and while holding down the shift key drag the convert tool over a large section of the map. this will give you the cost to convert the area, if it is zero then there are no monorail tracks there. when you find an area with a cost greater than zero, start 'scanning' in smaller chunks until you have the general area then search it visually. try using transparency settings to make trees and towns invisible.
khabarakh23
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khabarakh23 »

Thanks TimeLapse, that found it. A line extension that got abandoned after the industry shut mid-build.

Thanks BB - no stations were found, already had tried that.

Cheers
K
Shabba!
Fastphil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fastphil »

Here's a similar topic I started a while back that may help:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=74787

Return to “General OpenTTD”