Municipal effects

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Municipal effects

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Tiny Linshaw (population under 200) is almost unnoticed at the edge of Malwell-on-Sea(population over 22,000).
I just set up an industry chain (trains 99-101) that should be taking steel goods from a factory to a station designated Linshaw.
Does this mean ratings and growth of Malwell-on-Sea (whose proximity makes the station possible) will be unaffected?
Would my company benefit from relocating the goods-delivery station within M-o-S city limits despite disruption?
Attachments
GreenVictoryRailroad,22ndSep1931.sav
(568.2 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Municipal effects

Post by Eddi »

you need 5 stations per town for maximum growth, anything beyond that is ignored. (usually you achieve that with a bus or tram service)
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

A competitor set up a tram service,but I'm mainly asking about effect on the tiny town pre-empting effect on the big one.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

there is no interaction between two towns (other than space being already occupied)
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I extended the Linshaw platform into an adjacent street tile that was said to be part of Malwell-on-Sea by the ? tool...and then it became part of Linshaw?
Are we able to move municipal boundaries by how we build?
Attachments
GreenVictoryRailroad,1stJan1932.sav
(569.46 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

there are no "municipal boundaries" in this game.

if a town builds something, it gets attributed to that town. if you build something, it gets attributed to the geographically closest town. these two things might not result in the same outcome.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Baldy's Boss wrote:I extended the Linshaw platform into an adjacent street tile that was said to be part of Malwell-on-Sea by the ? tool...and then it became part of Linshaw?
Are we able to move municipal boundaries by how we build?
There's no set city boundaries. Because the cities can build streets themselves, whatever the city builds, no matter how far they are from the center of the city. That means it can be on the other side of the neighboring cities/towns.

Also, somewhat unrelated topic, but within Malwell-on-sea / Linshaw deal: No matter what you do with Linshaw station, it's not going to make any difference to the growth rate of Malwell-on-sea. There are already combined 5 actively serviced stations between you and 2 other companies. Malwell-on-sea is already growing as fast as possible.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Meanwhile Cadean is one of the largest cities on the map and gets NO transportation service,whether passenger,mail,or cargo...and a single bus station from a defunct competitor is all it appears to have had in the past decade.
So how has it prospered?
Attachments
GreenVictoryRailroad,1stMay1984.sav
(590.77 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”