FIRS without Vanilla industries

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Vojtik
Engineer
Engineer

FIRS without Vanilla industries

Post by Vojtik »

Hey guys, just got back into the game a few days back and wanted to try the FIRS for the first time, and I have one question. Is there any way to disable the Vanilla OpenTTD industries from the game when using FIRS? It gets really confusing if there are Vanilla Coal Mines that don't accept Engineering supplies and FIRS Coal Mines that do.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: FIRS without Vanilla industries

Post by leifbk »

There are no "Vanilla industries" when you use FIRS, they're all disabled. Happy FIRS'ing :)
Vojtik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vojtik »

So it is normal to have these two types of Oil Wells (Iron Ore Mines, Coal Mines, Farms etc) in the game? One that accepts engineering supplies and one that doesn't?
Attachments
oil.PNG
oil.PNG (251.22 KiB) Viewed 203 times
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Vojtik wrote:So it is normal to have these two types of Oil Wells (Iron Ore Mines, Coal Mines, Farms etc) in the game? One that accepts engineering supplies and one that doesn't?
No, this is definitely not normal. Do you have any other industry GRFs loaded? Or maybe a patched version of OpenTTD itself?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Post the list of newgrfs used in that game, or post the save file. There are some innocent-sounding newgrfs that are actually industry newgrfs.
Vojtik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vojtik »

Ok, this is actually pretty embarasing :D . I had OpenGFX+ Industries loaded all this time, but somehow didn't see it in the bunch of other OpenGFX+ NewGRFs :D . Thanks for opening my eyes guys!

Return to “General OpenTTD”