Financial effect of start year

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Financial effect of start year

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Converted two lines to maglev resulting in very profitable trains on those lines but overall losses for the company.The end of inflation is is sight though...
Attachments
GreenVictoryRailroad,1stSep2030.sav
(578.44 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Green Victory has escaped inflation and is humming along profitably with an all-maglev fleet.

It looks like Tillydean Grand Victorian (the one started in 1837) is past saving....I have no windows of positive cash balance and can do nothing but pull up tracks and scrap trains.I just dumped the Gedtown Wood line,selling the two old steam engines (one a 47-year-old Industrial) and ripping up tracks that cost 1.6 million a year in maintenance,but I can't pay to demolish the stations and bridge and save what THEY cost to maintain without going into debt.
Attachments
TillydeanGrandVictorianR.R.,12thOct1950.sav
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
GreenVictoryRailroad,1stMay2044.sav
(634.19 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Green Victory reached 2051 and a save of that is in the Saved Games forum.

But what about Tillydean?
The 1837 start is near the end of 1950,a year in which (as checking the finances will show) "Construction" has meant scrapping tracks and "New Vehicles" has meant scrapping trains.(One over-age train was holding up the whole Sanwell Coal operation,but to force it into a depot I had to rip up a piece of track that will make other trains return more slowly).
What can be done?
Attachments
TillydeanGrandVictorianR.R.,25thDec1950.sav
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 94 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”