OpenTTD 0.3.1 released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sergeic
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Max number of vehicles

Post by sergeic »

Korenn wrote:
Bjarni wrote:You can edit openttd.cfg to change the max for each player. It is bytes, so there are a limit of 255. Nowever setting it to 255 allows more than 255 trains and the next will be number 0. I will not recommend that people do that since the code is not made for that and it most likely will have sideeffects
Set it to 254 if you want as many as possible
yes that works fine, I use it all the time. the thing is, if you make trains of about 14 wagons long, somewhere around the 90th train you'll run out of vehicles generally and can't build anymore, no matter what the train limit.
So I take that there's no way that you can increase the max "vehicle" limit right?
Vurlix
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Vurlix »

you can change it in the code.. the next release will probably have a higher limit.
http://sf.net/projects/openttd/
Post all your patches and feature requests here.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

i would suggest somewhere near 802..
epsilon
Engineer
Engineer

Fedora Core 1 RPM

Post by epsilon »

I made an openttd 0.3.1 package for Fedora Core 1, you can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=111717

Things you need to know:
  • * it wasn't thoroughly tested, post problems to the forum
    * glibc 2.3.2, libpng 1.2.2, and zlib 1.2.0 required
    * you should execute the /usr/share/games/openttd/runttd script to run
    * if you want ttd to be able to make changes in the config (in other words: you want openttd to remember your options), you need to change the ownership of /usr/share/games/openttd/openttd.cfg or play as root
Meck1982
Engineer
Engineer

savegames over network

Post by Meck1982 »

is there any way to continue a network game? Loading a savegame doesen't work (The connecting player is stuck on the title screen)

Thanks a lot

Return to “General OpenTTD”