Consequences of Fiscal Prudence

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Consequences of Fiscal Prudence

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Replacement of that Grenthwaite-Dardingway fleet (see separate thread) also seems to have caused an uptick in company value.

Anyway,despite the early fiscal prudence I now seem in a position of solvent market dominance...the company is nearing 60 years old.
A long time to go but will the effects of inflation erode my position?
Attachments
TillydeanGrandVictorianR.R.,1stJul1895.sav
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

As readers of my other threads know,the Tillydean Grand Victorian RR has indeed fallen on hard times with inflation.
Not sure if this is a "Financial Effect of Start Year" (one of my other threads) but a recent game with a 1933 start year was under the same fiscal prudence strictures,retiring its bank debt early on,but has recovered a lead in performance rating and company value with only a minor hiccup.The main rival has been a Fast/Speedy Transport that believes in constantly building new stations before it has money to connect them,and new lines before it has money for trains.Every time the bank extends the credit line they draw on it.
And though their individual trains are profitable and their rail revenue/running cost ratio has outstripped mine,their days of beating me in revenue and profit are over thanks to their heavy infrastructure and interest costs.
Attachments
Sesninghill&FreawayR.R.Co.,1stJan1947.sav
(3.69 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Some "trophy" screenshots of that competitor's increasing desperation before they folded in 1952.
Attachments
Sesninghill & Freaway R.R. Co., 1st Apr 1949.png
(1.88 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Sesninghill & Freaway R.R. Co., 1st Dec 1949.png
(2.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Sesninghill & Freaway R.R. Co., 2nd Jun 1951.png
(1.67 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “General OpenTTD”