Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Best GRF Files?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:43 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:14 pm
Posts: 93
I'm starting over after a crash, and would like to know what are the best and/or most popular GRF files.
I remember I had one that had trains from the Rocket (I believe) all the way to the evacuated tunnel types (they weren't called that of course, but can't remember what they were called.)
There was also one that had a number of aircraft from before the DC-3 to even past the Airbus 380.
I know I had several more but have no idea what they are.

I don't want to bog down the game with a bunch of unwanted files, which is why I'm asking here rather than the 'this sounds good, lets try it' mindset.

What are your favorite mods... err, GRF files?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Best GRF Files?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:04 am 
Offline
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:21 pm
Posts: 5300
Location: The Moon
I suppose it depends what kind of game you want to play. Do you like sets that represent real vehicles from particular parts of the world? Do you like to build bigger/faster/stronger, or a more varied gameplay?

Quote:
There was also one that had a number of aircraft from before the DC-3 to even past the Airbus 380.


This was probably my Av8 aircraft set.

_________________
Pikkarail.com blog | Patreon
Dev reference: NML Specs - NewGRF Specs - Savegame Internals - NoAi API - NoGo API


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Best GRF Files?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:09 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:14 pm
Posts: 93
PikkaBird wrote:
I suppose it depends what kind of game you want to play. Do you like sets that represent real vehicles from particular parts of the world? Do you like to build bigger/faster/stronger, or a more varied gameplay?
...
This was probably my Av8 aircraft set.

Generally citius, grandis, fortius (grandius? eh. it fit the meter), but with some attention to history. If there is one that has all the historical engines and cars for N. America, and one with all the historical engines/cars for Europe, and one for Japan, etc. that would be ideal.

But not only that. I also want those that make your life easier. I know I had one that modified stations (altho right off I forget what it actually did), allowed multiple airports to merge to same airport, stuff like that.

And Av8 sounds familiar. Well done, I really enjoyed it!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Best GRF Files?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:42 pm 
Offline
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:21 pm
Posts: 5300
Location: The Moon
Monarch1st wrote:
Generally citius, grandis, fortius (grandius? eh. it fit the meter), but with some attention to history. If there is one that has all the historical engines and cars for N. America, and one with all the historical engines/cars for Europe, and one for Japan, etc. that would be ideal.


The North American Railway Set and the Japan Set are both quite popular. NARS (one of mine again!) is company-coloured while Japan Set has real-life liveries. I don't think there's a generic pan-European train set available yet, but 2cc TrainsInNML is one to watch. I think of the current European set the Dutch set is both one of the most complete and one of the most popular.

Quote:
But not only that. I also want those that make your life easier. I know I had one that modified stations (altho right off I forget what it actually did), allowed multiple airports to merge to same airport, stuff like that.


Industrial stations renewal is good fun for non-passenger stations. MB's newstations is an old standard but I don't think it's available on bananas. Merging airports isn't possible in the current spec, so that may have been a patchpack you used to use rather than a NewGRF.

Good hunting! :)

_________________
Pikkarail.com blog | Patreon
Dev reference: NML Specs - NewGRF Specs - Savegame Internals - NoAi API - NoGo API


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2018 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2018.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.