Translating?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kesla
Engineer
Engineer

Translating?

Post by kesla »

My little brother (9 years old) has recently discoverd the beuty and fun about playing OTTD. The problem is that he isn't that good with the english llanguage... So, my question is, is it/will there a way for me (maybe with some help from other swedish users) to translate the game into swedish?
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Download the source code from sourceforge and rename english.txt to swedish.txt and translate the right side
The current swedish.txt have 3 lines translated and is possible out of date, so I guess it will be best not to use it

But before you start, I think ludde talked about he is translating it to Swedish. You better check with him before starting anything. Is is reachable on the irc channel
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

There is a swedish.txt within the latest source, and it seems to be pretty complete...
But I don't know who have made it, havn't seen anything about it here...
Yisc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yisc »

I'm currently working on a dutch translation. Someone interested and able to help me?
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

I started with french version, but file is so huge... :(
Yisc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yisc »

MagicBuzz wrote:I started with french version, but file is so huge... :(
Translation in french is alreay included in 0.3.0
Vurlix
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Vurlix »

Please do not start translating without first getting approval from Ludde or me. You may very well end up wasting hours and hours of effort! French is already mostly complete, so you don't need to work on it.
http://sf.net/projects/openttd/
Post all your patches and feature requests here.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Yisc wrote:
MagicBuzz wrote:I started with french version, but file is so huge... :(
Translation in french is alreay included in 0.3.0
:?: where, it is not in the list :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Yisc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yisc »

Vurlix wrote:Please do not start translating without first getting approval from Ludde or me. You may very well end up wasting hours and hours of effort! French is already mostly complete, so you don't need to work on it.
Oops, sorry for starting without any contact about it. I thought I was doing the dutchminded players a favor and didn't realise that I need an approval for it.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Vurlix wrote:Please do not start translating without first getting approval from Ludde or me. You may very well end up wasting hours and hours of effort! French is already mostly complete, so you don't need to work on it.
ok, i translated only the first 100 lines anyway :D
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

Yisc wrote:
Oops, sorry for starting without any contact about it. I thought I was doing the dutchminded players a favor and didn't realise that I need an approval for it.
It's probably not that you need approval, but they want to save you from doing all the work they already did.
hann
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hann »

I hope you dont plan to make a Hungarian translation because i started one...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

hann wrote:
I hope you dont plan to make a Hungarian translation because i started one...
Do remember that OTTD uses "Windows latin 1" characters. Default on mac is "Mac OS Roman", which is a little different, so non-english characters are displayed wrong. Apps like TextEdit can be made to open txt files as "Windows latin 1"
m1lamb3r
Engineer
Engineer

Post by m1lamb3r »

Yisc wrote:I'm currently working on a dutch translation. Someone interested and able to help me?
i'm interested in helping with the dutch translation

Return to “General OpenTTD”