I found why i have this bug , some of this errors i have repaired

Compiler - gcc 3.2, OS : Linux 2.6.5 - Own made
I cant compile only openttd with bigmaps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:25 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I keep getting "No available language packs" errors :(
When I put the lng files in the main dir I get "Invalid version of language packs" errors. anyone else got the same problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:43 am 
Engineer
Engineer

StarLite wrote:
I keep getting "No available language packs" errors :(
When I put the lng files in the main dir I get "Invalid version of language packs" errors. anyone else got the same problems?

language files should be in the 'lang' directory. This changed somewhere between 0.3.0 and 0.3.1. Graphics files were moved to the 'data' directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:48 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

nothing was changed about the lang files.
you need to have a the updated 0.3.0 version of the language .txt files, then compile those using strgen, and copy those to the same directory as the ottd files. (this is in the manual)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:10 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi there,

just curious: do you have an ETA for a new Bigger Map? A new version based on the OpenTTD 0.31? I have no idea howmuch work it will take to do this, but I will be eagerly waiting for it.

Groeten,

Bas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:05 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Basje wrote:
Hi there,

just curious: do you have an ETA for a new Bigger Map? A new version based on the OpenTTD 0.31? I have no idea howmuch work it will take to do this, but I will be eagerly waiting for it.

Groeten,

Bas

I'm not going to make a new version, it takes a few days of work to get everything properly done each time.

Bigger maps will be in the official release at some time in the future, but that may be months for all I know ;)

If you want the 0.3.1 features you'll have to do it yourself I'm afraid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:30 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

fair enough, it didnt look like the sort of addition you could just slap in no worries ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:00 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Korenn wrote:
Basje wrote:
Hi there,

Groeten,

Bas

I'm not going to make a new version, it takes a few days of work to get everything properly done each time.

Bigger maps will be in the official release at some time in the future, but that may be months for all I know ;)

If you want the 0.3.1 features you'll have to do it yourself I'm afraid.
Thanks for your biggermap version, its the only reason why I play openttd instead of patchedttd. I think the biggest miss atm is building while paused (its in 0.3.1 openttd now), even with diagonal being so easy to build it takes a while to build a railnetwork. If you or someone else just could add that feature I would be very happy.

I'm abit suprised bigger maps isnt going to be in the official release since it adds A LOT to the gameplay and cannot be done in ttdpatch (give people a choice between 2 features instead op copying).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:21 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

BJB wrote:
Thanks for your biggermap version, its the only reason why I play openttd instead of patchedttd. I think the biggest miss atm is building while paused (its in 0.3.1 openttd now), even with diagonal being so easy to build it takes a while to build a railnetwork. If you or someone else just could add that feature I would be very happy.

I'm abit suprised bigger maps isnt going to be in the official release since it adds A LOT to the gameplay and cannot be done in ttdpatch (give people a choice between 2 features instead op copying).
np, I made the feature for myself, so why not share it.

you can use the svn to see what needs to be changed for the build while paused option, and you could use that to implement it yourself.

bigger maps is not in the current official version not because they don't think it's worth it, but because they want to make it dynamic (as in optional), and that will take weeks or months of work ;)

Post subject: Crash
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:54 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

I try to build tunnel - games crach and i got error about
landscape.c:60 GetTileSlope....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:53 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

i can't even install it for some f*** up reason so... is there any chance of them bridges becoming graphically updated so their improved heigth ratings are also visually noticable?

"On the other hand, I have different fingers" -- The rascal formerly known as astath, loathing you and more specifically your religion. Anti-theist, be like it. -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club -- Good times.

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Post subject: bigger maps on Mac OS
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:08 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

is there any way to get those bigger maps on MacOS X?

I mean, the files are win32 executables, aren't they? Not 2 sure if I can still somehow open/install them, but I wouldn't know how...

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:18 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

worldofklaus wrote:
is there any way to get those bigger maps on MacOS X?

I mean, the files are win32 executables, aren't they? Not 2 sure if I can still somehow open/install them, but I wouldn't know how...

either you find a source somewhere and compile it yourself or you wait for OTTD to official support this. I will not start to work on a fork
I have plenty to do already