Total Town Replacement Set V3

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Total Town Replacement Set V3

Post by Rollerghost »

There are to sets of roads in TTRSV3, one before 1970 and one after. And if I start a game before 1970 I get the old style roads and depots, just as I get the new roads and depots if I start a game after 1970.
The Readme does not say whether the roads and depots also should change in 1970 while I am playing. That is, I start a game, say in 1960, and have the old style roads and depots. When the game goes after 1970, am I supposed to get the new style roads and depots, or does the staring year set the style for the rest of the game?
I love the way the houses change according to the eras defined! :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Total Town Replacement Set V3

Post by PikkaBird »

There are no variable graphics for roads, so no, they won't change while you're playing. They might change if you save and reload the game, though.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

It's been a while since I played with TTRS now, but as I recall it they will indeed change if you save and then reload the game, but not for multiplayer games - unless you do the procedure in singleplayer and then load that save in multiplayer.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

I never play multiplayer so saving and loading seems like the thing to do.
Hamilton2007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hamilton2007 »

Does this set conflict with the swedish house set in any way?

Cause i have one city were ttrs only builds banks and grey blocks..
Attachments
Jul Transport, 23 Aug 1925.png
(723.97 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Roslav
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roslav »

There are no defined houses in that town zone for so early year in these sets. They start after 1930. The reason why bank is built is some kind of fallback behaviour, when no suitable building is fuond in NewGRFs (last of all building s is built). Either set your start date higher (1930) or add another house set ex. Japan Houses, Early Houses, Town and Industries set (TaI), these have earlier houses.
Hamilton2007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hamilton2007 »

Roslav wrote:There are no defined houses in that town zone for so early year in these sets. They start after 1930. The reason why bank is built is some kind of fallback behaviour, when no suitable building is fuond in NewGRFs (last of all building s is built). Either set your start date higher (1930) or add another house set ex. Japan Houses, Early Houses, Town and Industries set (TaI), these have earlier houses.
Thanks!
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Roslav wrote:There are no defined houses in that town zone for so early year in these sets. They start after 1930. The reason why bank is built is some kind of fallback behaviour, when no suitable building is fuond in NewGRFs (last of all building s is built). Either set your start date higher (1930) or add another house set ex. Japan Houses, Early Houses, Town and Industries set (TaI), these have earlier houses.
Are all NewGRF house sets replacements rather than additions to default?
With that overbanked scenario,however,it might be good for Valuables business!
Roslav
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roslav »

Baldy's Boss wrote: Are all NewGRF house sets replacements rather than additions to default?
That I don't know.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TTRS itself gives you the option to leave the defaults or remove them.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Further to this - could someone please confirm if the special buildings are added from 1930 if you start the game beforehand? The cathedrals are lovely and the changing hospitals etc are very cool.

So it'd be nice to know.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Saibot wrote:It's been a while since I played with TTRS now, but as I recall it they will indeed change if you save and then reload the game, but not for multiplayer games - unless you do the procedure in singleplayer and then load that save in multiplayer.
In multiplayer it sets the road look when you join. So you just need to rejoin the multiplayer game to get the modern roads. If you are the hoster you need to do the save and reload thing... but do you want to annoy your connected clients by doing that? ;)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Either Total Town Replacement roads nor Canadian dirt roads did'nt changed after multiplayer reconnect.
Only save of multi gamestate/load in singleplayer can change road image.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Ailure wrote:
Saibot wrote:It's been a while since I played with TTRS now, but as I recall it they will indeed change if you save and then reload the game, but not for multiplayer games - unless you do the procedure in singleplayer and then load that save in multiplayer.
In multiplayer it sets the road look when you join. So you just need to rejoin the multiplayer game to get the modern roads. If you are the hoster you need to do the save and reload thing... but do you want to annoy your connected clients by doing that? ;)
If it was something you had to do often, then no - but you only really have to do it once which should be acceptable, if they can't deal with that then maybe I don't want to play with them. :mrgreen:
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Ailure wrote:In multiplayer it sets the road look when you join. So you just need to rejoin the multiplayer game to get the modern roads.
no, that was a potential desync hazard and was disabled.
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Ah, apologies then. I last played TTRS a really long time ago so I admit I wasn't up to date how it worked later on. :)
Hetman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hetman »

Hello!
I'm find error?
Don't can set orders for mail-stations after connect TTRS GRF. This only for end-point stations.
Error.JPG
Error.JPG (48.97 KiB) Viewed 15383 times
Error2.JPG
Error2.JPG (33.78 KiB) Viewed 15383 times
After set parameter "Infrastructure: Don't use TTRS infrastructure" cargo station is set to default.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The error you show has nothing to do with TTRS - it only can (and does) change the looks of the station.

Articulated road vehicles cannot go to dead-end road stations - independent of whatever NewGRFs you use.
Hetman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hetman »

Thanks! I'm will check. Very thanks. :D
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Is this still being updated/maintained?

I was wondering if we could have an option to override the valuables/bank chain because Industry mods can't change that when TTRS is loaded. It'd be nice to have gold or diamond cargo rather then moving valuables from bank to bank in any climate.

I was going to use gold mines from OpenGFX Industries in my Morrowind/Vvardenfell Scenario and make things simple but instead I had to rely on ECS industries for gold mines (which also lead to much more complexity with the scenario plus ECS industries are a bit big for a small rough island)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “General OpenTTD”