File requests

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ClearlyCorrect
Engineer
Engineer

File requests

Post by ClearlyCorrect »

Hi, first time poster on these forums.

I recently bought the 1996 version of TTD from ebay and tried to play it using XP. However it won't work at all and seems to have some files missing.

I have tried using the various patches though none of those help.

I heard about OpenTTD and downloaded it, however I don't have the the following files that OpenTTD needs to run:

sample.cat
trg1r.grf
trgcr.grf
trghr.grf
trgir.grf
trgtr.grf

I found this strange as my legitimate copy doesn't have these files anywhere on the CD.

If somebody could email these files (zipped) to:

clearlycorrect@hotmail.com

I would greaty appreciate it.

C.C
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Your problem is that you are trying to use the DOS version of TTD. This doesn't work on XP, even with the Patch. You have to use the WINDOWS version of TTD, which was extremely rare. I can't tell you where to find it, but I guarantee if you look around here for 5 minutes, you'll figure it out... 8)

OpenTTD uses the files from the Windows version also (I think), so that's most likely the trouble with that.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Yes, since you've bought the dos version legally, I would suggest you download the windows version, dos doesn't work with XP
You can find it in my signature
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
ClearlyCorrect
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ClearlyCorrect »

It's a shame I wasted that money on the DOS version. I'll try downloading then.

Thanks for the help.
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

LOL

i have a small gut feeling that most people here have downloaded the game (illegally or not illegally who knows).

but yes i was playing the game on dos, and downloaded it when i got up to windows and didn't have the dos version anymore.

Alltaken
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yeah, I think that almost everyone here owns a legal copy of the DOS version, but couldn't find the Windows version and so downloaded it.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
mpettitt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mpettitt »

krtaylor wrote:Yeah, I think that almost everyone here owns a legal copy of the DOS version, but couldn't find the Windows version and so downloaded it.
I own a legal copy of the Windows version... And a legal copy of the DOS version. And a copy of TT (pre deluxe) - from before TTD came out...

The Windows version came in a pack that had Rollercoaster Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon 2 as well. This was at a time when RCT cost £30 on it's own, and the pack cost £25... Silly shops...

Now, I'm just waiting for Open RCT and I'll be able to move entirely open source... :-)
ClearlyCorrect
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ClearlyCorrect »

I actually own a copy of the original Transport Tycoon DOS edition, the Transport Tycoon World Editor expansion (DOS) and now a copy of Transport Tycoon Deluxe DOS edition.
All three of these are now effectively useless.

Oh and OpenTTD works fine, thanks again.
C.C
Warspite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Warspite »

ClearlyCorrect wrote:I actually own a copy of the original Transport Tycoon DOS edition, the Transport Tycoon World Editor expansion (DOS) and now a copy of Transport Tycoon Deluxe DOS edition.
All three of these are now effectively useless.

Oh and OpenTTD works fine, thanks again.
that is exactly the same as me! i cant remember whrere i left my tto, but i still have my world editor and ttd (dos) here. I couldnt find ttd (windows) in the shops so i dloaded it. i paid my money, im just getting the better version :)
---------------------------
Warspite
Aspiring Poet

Return to “General OpenTTD”