irc.freenode.net refuses to connect

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mike[F]
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mike[F] »

'Username' refers to two things:-

1) The USER message sent by your client on connect
2) The ident that your auth dameon replies with (if any)

BOTH of these need to be one word in lowercase, containing no characters other than letters and numbers, of less than or equal to 8 (possibly 10, but 8 to be safe) characters.

In mIRC, to change these:-

Alt+O -> 'Connect'

'E-mail Address' - the portion of this before the @ is what will be sent in the USER message. To prevent people getting my email address, I tend to use something fake like mikef@email.com. In your case, korenn@email.com will work fine.

Alt+O -> + next to 'Connect' -> 'Identd'

If 'enable identd server' is checked (which it may as well be, it's nice to reply to ident requests if you can), then you should make sure that the first text field ('User ID') MATCHES what you put above. So my 'User ID' is mikef - if you use what I reccommended above, yours will be korenn.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions then ask away. :P

Edit: If you're behind a firewall, it's possible that this firewall is replying to ident requests on your behalf with bad information. If so, you'll need to contact the firewall's administrator.
-mike[F]
Caught in the rush of the crowd, lost in a wall of sound...

Return to “General OpenTTD”