Is this normal?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Is this normal?

Post by Killer 11 »

The scenario is from ttd and i loaded it in ottd the only bug was that you can lay railroads maglevs and monorails from 1950 no monorail or maglev trains were availible to buy
so i played with railroads and then suddenly in 1985 raiload monorail and maglev vagons started to disapear and in 1987 are availible only these:
Mail van
Coal car
Oil tanker
Grain hopper
and Stell truck

I need all train cars help me
Attachments
a bug?
a bug?
LG lietuvos gelezinkeliai, 7th Aug 1987.PNG (168.53 KiB) Viewed 723 times
ludde
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Is this normal?

Post by ludde »

Killer 11 wrote:The scenario is from ttd and i loaded it in ottd the only bug was that you can lay railroads maglevs and monorails from 1950 no monorail or maglev trains were availible to buy
so i played with railroads and then suddenly in 1985 raiload monorail and maglev vagons started to disapear and in 1987 are availible only these:
Mail van
Coal car
Oil tanker
Grain hopper
and Stell truck

I need all train cars help me
please post a savegame.
http://sf.net/projects/openttd/
Post all your patches and feature requests here.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Here you are a scenario and a savegame

Note:when i start to play the scenario i get a lot of money in the start

change saved game extension to SAV becouse i couldn't upload file with sav in to the forums
Attachments
Trt00.sv1
a scenario
(133.33 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
LG lietuvos gelezinkeliai.sv1
My savegame
(120.98 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
mr_unanimous
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_unanimous »

I also got that problem. After a while some cars just disappear :?.

Change the .SV1 extension to .SAV ;).

Edit: Added another savegame from before I lost the cars...
Attachments
Jerry Transport, 26th Oct 1984.sv1
Save Game
(81.1 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Jerry Transport, 10th May 1984.sv1
In this savegame I still got all cars like usual.
(80.15 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

mr_unanimous wrote:I also got that problem. After a while some cars just disappear :?.

mr_unanimous, I looked at your savegame and there are some cars missing on my computer as well. I also saw how you have laid rails, and I want to tell you a bit about rail optimization. The key to having a good railnet is to avoid slowdowns. I give you two examples:

Near Prenfingburg, there is a railline, which first go one tile down, turn and then one tile up. If you raise the land, so the train doesn't have to to go uphill, it will not have a noteworthy slowdown. Try to follow a train when it pass and check the speed before and after you raise the land. (A very good ability we can do after I made the show speed code :D )

the other optimization is the Dardingstone station. There is a very trafficed block just outside the station and you want to get the trains away from that ASAP. The problem is the trains, which uses the bridge. They go down and when they go up on the bridge, they slow down and blocks the way for the next train, which will then block the busy block. If you make the rail to the bridge go to the busy block instead of letting is join the other one, you can prevent this and the bonus is that you can avoid a hill too.
I saw one train going up that bridge, which made 4 other trains stop => not good

You might also try to avoid the incomming track, that goes uphill. When the trains enter from that track, they move slow because of the hill and blocks ths block longer than needed.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

I think that this is a problem that coccured when converting ottd to C it somehow set an limit of years availible to buy to cars that only supposed to be for locomotives only.
mr_unanimous
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_unanimous »

Bjarni wrote:
mr_unanimous wrote:I also got that problem. After a while some cars just disappear :?.

mr_unanimous, I looked at your savegame and there are some cars missing on my computer as well. I also saw how you have laid rails, and I want to tell you a bit about rail optimization. The key to having a good railnet is to avoid slowdowns. I give you two examples:

Near Prenfingburg, there is a railline, which first go one tile down, turn and then one tile up. If you raise the land, so the train doesn't have to to go uphill, it will not have a noteworthy slowdown. Try to follow a train when it pass and check the speed before and after you raise the land. (A very good ability we can do after I made the show speed code :D )

the other optimization is the Dardingstone station. There is a very trafficed block just outside the station and you want to get the trains away from that ASAP. The problem is the trains, which uses the bridge. They go down and when they go up on the bridge, they slow down and blocks the way for the next train, which will then block the busy block. If you make the rail to the bridge go to the busy block instead of letting is join the other one, you can prevent this and the bonus is that you can avoid a hill too.
I saw one train going up that bridge, which made 4 other trains stop => not good

You might also try to avoid the incomming track, that goes uphill. When the trains enter from that track, they move slow because of the hill and blocks ths block longer than needed.
Thank you for the tips Bjarni :). I will take a look at it. Btw OpenTTD and TTDPatch already got the "Show speed" ability ;).
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

mr_unanimous wrote:Thank you for the tips Bjarni :). I will take a look at it. Btw OpenTTD and TTDPatch already got the "Show speed" ability ;).
I know OpenTTD have that ability. I wrote made, not make because I already made it :D
You might wanna take a look at the readme to see what people besides ludde, who makes OTTD
mr_unanimous
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr_unanimous »

Bjarni wrote:
mr_unanimous wrote:Thank you for the tips Bjarni :). I will take a look at it. Btw OpenTTD and TTDPatch already got the "Show speed" ability ;).
I know OpenTTD have that ability. I wrote made, not make because I already made it :D
You might wanna take a look at the readme to see what people besides ludde, who makes OTTD
Oops, my mistake :P. I should read the credits more often ;).

Return to “General OpenTTD”