Hello all!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SeBa
Engineer
Engineer

Hello all!

Post by SeBa »

Hello all!

New user here! A big fan of Transport Tycoon! I've played this game before, but the original game. Almost a week ago I found OpenTTD website and the game and I am simply amazed by it!

One thing though, I don't know if is a bug or something that only I have encountered, I have received the offer of buying the electric locomotive, in the blue window, around year 1969 I think. Then I wanted to buy it and I didn't see it on the list in the depot.

What could be the problem? If anyone else have this problem please share and I welcome any help and answers!

Thanks!
Sebastian

:bow: :bow:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hello all!

Post by Redirect Left »

Hello.

Was the depot electrified? By that, had you converted it from normal rails to electric rails, if it was not built electric already.
For different rails, press & hold on the rail button on the top of your game, and it'll list all available types.
The button on the far right of all of these, once pressed, is the convert tool, it works on tracks & depots.

Quick image incase i'm not clear;
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Redirect Left wrote:Hello.

Was the depot electrified? By that, had you converted it from normal rails to electric rails, if it was not built electric already.
For different rails, press & hold on the rail button on the top of your game, and it'll list all available types.
The button on the far right of all of these, once pressed, is the convert tool, it works on tracks & depots.

Quick image incase i'm not clear;
Also,be sure to electrify the tracks you want the locomotive to run on.(My Plonnville game [see "Replacement priorities" thread] has all electric trains and maglevs and I'm not sure just where my remaining unelectrified track pieces are...but one unelectrified square can screw up a whole group of electric trains).
Dragon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dragon »

A good way to convert youre track is to open a viewport in the top left part of the map, then scroll to the bottom right part and use the viewport to cover the entire map in one big drag. Do this several times to make sure all the tracks are converted. (tracks with trains on them don't convert, so the train has to pass to an already converted track, this can be quite anoying when converting to elektric rails)
'Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe who's trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.'
Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
SeBa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SeBa »

Perfect! Thank you very much!
I was wondering what was the convert tool for.
Another thing though, I can't place the helicopter hub anywhere on the map... Something I didn't discover yet?

Thanks again your response!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

If you have it greyed out, then most probably yes. Or, if you play with noise level on, the (total) noise level by adding that thing is higher than the limit.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “General OpenTTD”