Buoys, Rigs, cannot goto (winxp 0.2.1)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mpitcher07
Engineer
Engineer

Buoys, Rigs, cannot goto (winxp 0.2.1)

Post by mpitcher07 »

When playing today using 0.2.1 I noticed I cannot "goto" a buoy or oil rig. A can send a ship to docks fine, but trying to "goto" to a buoy/oil rig yeilds the same result as if I had clicked on a empty water square. Same problem with trying to send a helicopter to an oil rig.

Has anyone else tried to setup a new ship route since the latest version?
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Try clicking around the oilrig, it should be possible !
The correct tile is unknown to me

Edit: or do you want to use an oilrig is waypoint ?
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
mpitcher07
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mpitcher07 »

I went back a tried clicking around the rig. Tried a grid 5 squares circling the rig and nothing.. But then I went to another rig and it would let me send a helicopter or tanker there by clicking on the upper right square. Went to my third rig.. nothing. It is interesting to note that the rig that accepted "goto" I raised land to and have a train station adjacent (but not "connected") to, which I use to ferry oil/passengers/mail from the rig.

After I noticed this, I raised land to one of the other rigs and placed a station next to it. Still couldn't get a helicopter/tanker to goto that rig. However I didn't send a train to the station like I did on the one rig that did work.

Would it be possible that this is caused by the "selectable stationcargo " code? The one rig that is working has been "activated" by using a train.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

I think that it's a bug.All oilrigs have they're staition names in grey color, that means they belong to nobody.I think that the game cannot let you're ships go to oilrig becouse the station isn't youres, and when yow builded your train station near the oilrigs station you imediately owned the oilrigs station and can let youre ships go to it.In another rig you placed youre station too far away from oilrigs station and didn't own that station.
mpitcher07
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mpitcher07 »

It's confirmed as a bug and Ludde has already fixed it.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

But this bug still exists in 0.2.1 i think the bugfix will be included in 0.2.2

Return to “General OpenTTD”