A general hello and help request

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Fastphil
Engineer
Engineer

Re: A general hello and help request

Post by Fastphil »

Baldy's Boss wrote:
Fastphil wrote:I've begun tinkering with your savegame, and I just wanted to verify something. From the provided starting point, the available cash is about 6 million pounds. After playing 2-4 years and eliminating unprofitable road vehicles, I'm at minus 69 million. Was the company hemorraging money like this prior to your providing the save file? I've gotten to work on the trains, but there's a lot to do and no money to do it with. I may tap into other people's revised save files to see what progress they've made in helping your scenario. I love fine-tuning other people's networks, but I don't even know how to start with this one.

Phil
Did you start from the 1987 file?...the company has had separate phases of ongoing financial decline.
No, I started with the 2003 save file which was in the original post of this thread. I turned off vehicle breakdowns, which I don't usually like to do, but I wanted to see if it could stem the losses. It works, but only barely. I may continue down this avenue until I can establish some order and profitability in the rail network.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

OK,so you are talking about the Gondborough game,not the Betston game referred to in my most recent messages.
I never play without breakdowns.I have forked that game from before a suicidal merger in early 2003 and still only been able to make it to 2005-06.
Fastphil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fastphil »

Baldy's Boss wrote:OK,so you are talking about the Gondborough game,not the Betston game referred to in my most recent messages.
I never play without breakdowns.I have forked that game from before a suicidal merger in early 2003 and still only been able to make it to 2005-06.
Yeah I figure it's doomed as well without resorting to changing some of the more fundamental settings.

I will try the 1987 game next time I have some spare time.

Return to “General OpenTTD”