opening ttd1-3-3

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pepperpot
Engineer
Engineer

opening ttd1-3-3

Post by pepperpot »

Hi Gents new to the forum,
had the original tt when it first came out, however i seem to have less "grow buttons"than before eg how do you build houses? if this is the wrong section then i apologise and ask the mods to transfer to the correct location
graham
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: opening ttd1-3-3

Post by Zuu »

You need to have enough funds before the "fund new buildings" option shows. Thus if you have low funds, this option is not even visible in the town window.

If this doesn't help. Perhaps make a screenshot of where you are stuck or try to describe your problem more precise. Eg. what did you do, what did you see and what did you expect to see.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Towns have "grow buttons" in the scenario editor, not while playing a game. This is the same as in TTD. Maybe that's what you're after.
pepperpot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pepperpot »

thanks for the info, i still have a lot to learn,
graham
pepperpot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pepperpot »

Not having much luck so far, anyone who lives in Surrey that can help. if so PM or email me please
graham
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

what do you want to have exactly ? i think the question has been answered: a button that says "grow" doesn't exist in normal play. In the scenario editor, you can have a town "grow", see above.
pepperpot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pepperpot »

a quick demonstration on my computer and how to get other programs loaded. Im a boiler engineer now for the last 35 years, with little/poor computer programming, although when i was a marine radar engineer i handled the first micro processor from Texas Instruments in 1971. So a personal visit would be helpful
graham
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Do you have a screenshot from the original TT showing which button you mean?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “General OpenTTD”