Fullscreen refresh rate

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

StarLite
Engineer
Engineer

Fullscreen refresh rate

Post by StarLite »

I noticed when going fullscreen the game always reverts back to 60, wich REALLY hurts my eyes [I know im spoiled with 1600x1200 @ 100hz].
Other games [Eve-online, farcry, ut2004] all work fine at 100hz like I specified in my drivers [omega drivers for an Ati Radeon 9800].

Is there any way to override the default 60hz in fullcsreen?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Fullscreen refresh rate

Post by Darkvater »

StarLite wrote:I noticed when going fullscreen the game always reverts back to 60, wich REALLY hurts my eyes [I know im spoiled with 1600x1200 @ 100hz].
Other games [Eve-online, farcry, ut2004] all work fine at 100hz like I specified in my drivers [omega drivers for an Ati Radeon 9800].

Is there any way to override the default 60hz in fullcsreen?
It's a Windows 2000/XP thing in combination with DirectX thing. You could try this program, which forces windows to only use that refresh rate in a certain resolution.

It's called RefreshForce and can also be found here: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/ (the attached file is the same..with NO virus)
Attachments
Force Refreshrates.zip
(163.85 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
StarLite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by StarLite »

Ah that fixed it, I thought I set that stuff in the drivers, but that didn't work apparently....

Return to “General OpenTTD”