Competitors not constructing / making money

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

viskam
Engineer
Engineer

Competitors not constructing / making money

Post by viskam »

I have downloaded multiple AIs and selected them for 14 competitors. While these competitors spring up after 720 days, they dont do any construction activity. As a result their income is always 0.

Please advice on how to fix this.
Attachments
OTT.png
(542.26 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
OTT Competitors.png
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Competitors not constructing / making money

Post by planetmaker »

The purpose of 'Idle' is to do exactly nothing - thus it will never do anything.

As to the others I expect them to start building at some time. Some AI might need a year or two or three to think about the map and the options as to where they start building.

I can't tell how long the AI companies are operational so far, some only started shortly ago, others might try to do business for longer already. May they don't cope well with some settings...
Maybe you post the savegame and the observation you make with the AI(s) in the development thread(s) of the AIs so that authors can optimize the behaviour of the AIs with the exact settings you have: most AI have a separate thread in the AI and script development (sub)forum: viewforum.php?f=65
krinn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Competitors not constructing / making money

Post by krinn »

http://wiki.openttd.org/Advanced_Settings/Competitors

I would say, except idle AI others are plague by settings, disabling vehicle for AI is something that can do such thing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”