Consejos para el OpenTTD

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Consejos para el OpenTTD

Post by Andrex »

The topic title reads "suggestions for OpenTTD", as you probably did not understand. The point is that a big portion of the world does not understand english also, so I think that to make OpenTTD accessible for everyone, the following features are required:

1. Installer to auto change to the OS language
2. Game to automatically run in the OS language, or ask the first time it was executed. Additionally, changing language in game would be great.

Therefore all languages should be available for the user to choose one. I will translate it to spanish as soon as I have time, and I know there are forum members that speak a great variety of languages, so they could also contribute.

Well that's just my point of view, and since it is all written in C, I assume it may be very possible to comply with these requests.
Last edited by Andrex on 07 Mar 2004 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Multilingual support is something that is possible: Ludde has already worked on the foundations of this, and integrating it more nicely with the GUI shouldn't be too much work.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Re: Consejos para el OpenTTD

Post by ChrisCF »

Andrex wrote:The topic title reads "suggestions for OpenTTD", as you probably did not understand.
I did :)
2. Game to automatically run in the OS language, or ask the first time it was executed.
For UNIX-based systems, this should be simple, with use of gettext and locales. For the environment, either a single locale (e.g. "cy_GB.utf8" - which will fall back to "C" if it fails) or a list (e.g. "cy_GB:cy:en_GB:en" - fallbacks run from left-to-right). I'm not sure how you'd do this effectively on Windows ...

If you do go with translations, buena suerte :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”