Griefers...

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Griefers...

Post by planetmaker »

It's very hard to auto-detect griefers. Admin-support and presence is the best defence against this, thus I suggest to play on better-maintained servers :-)
<shameless plug>#openttdcoop Welcome Server</shamless plug>

Laying tracks can hardly be disallowed, nor starting vehicles etc. There are already settings which allow an admin to limit the amount of tiles which can be terraformed or cleared per unit time.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Indeed, like planetmaker says, there's not much that can be done to slow down "griefers" that doesn't slow everyone else too.

My two cents; if you don't want people "leeching goods and things from all your stations" you should consider not playing multiplayer, or at least not playing multiplayer with people you don't know on random servers. :roll: Yes, the other player was childish, but in my opinion you were childish first.
Intigo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Intigo »

EnchaJini wrote:unfortunately yeah.

but not knowing what is a matained server and not. you cant tell by the server listing.
BTPro, openttdcoop & n-ice all have active admins that will get rid of idiots.

I usually play on BTPro, been playing on n-ice a bit lately while waiting for 1.2.0 to hit BTPro.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

By the way, it isn't possible for another company to take things from your own stations. They can take cargo from industries that you are supplying, but that's legitimate gameplay. Provide a better service and you won't have problems.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Fanatik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fanatik »

Hmm maybe not the perfect solution, but choose a server with difficult settings and high infrastructure settings... he'll go bankrupt pretty soon with all those tracks doing nuttin ;P

Return to “General OpenTTD”