What Seed Is The Intro To The Game?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Chillsons
Engineer
Engineer

What Seed Is The Intro To The Game?

Post by Chillsons »

The Map that plays while you open the game up?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: What Seed Is The Intro To The Game?

Post by romazoon »

It s my creation ! 8)
Chillsons
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chillsons »

Please can i have the download link? and if so, how do i put it into the game?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

No need for a download link as you already have it.

Go to the data folder and make a copy of opntitle.dat in your save folder.
Rename the copy to something_else.sav and load ... tadaa. :)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Chillsons
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chillsons »

What's opntitle.dat ? just copy that link into content_download? > data?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hmm ... sorry for going too fast ... Let me try again but slower. ;)

1. Go to the folder where OpenTTD is installed. (In your system explorer not ingame ...)
2. Continue to the data folder.
3. In this data folder there is a file called opntitle.dat (you might need to disable hiding file extenstions to actually see the .dat part.)
4. This file is a normal savegame that is called opntitle.dat for it to be loaded in the main menu.
5. Copy that and rename the copy to something with the extension .sav
6. Unless you want to browse to the directory you are currently in ingame, move the renamed file to your save folder.
7. Now you can load the renamed title savegame as a normal savegame.

Edit:
Just noticed that this topic is in the General Transport Tycoon section ... with romazoon replying the way he did, I did not pay attention.
... are you playing OpenTTD Chillsons? If so you may want to click the boards index link at the top of the page and find the OpenTTD section a bit lower. ;)

Also, before I forget,
Wecome to the forums.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

:oops: true i was a bit fast answering.... sorry for that Chill and a big thank you for answering him, i would not have been clearer and thinking about he might use a other version... or even an other game !! lol
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

After rethinking about this thread, i was wondering if anyone wants me to upload the .sav of the opentitlescreen... and maybe also the .scn that i based it on.

Just one person asking will be enough for me to make a downloadlink. :wink:

P.S : I m talking of OTTD 1.1.0 title screen only.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

romazoon wrote:After rethinking about this thread, i was wondering if anyone wants me to upload the .sav of the opentitlescreen... and maybe also the .scn that i based it on.

Just one person asking will be enough for me to make a downloadlink. :wink:

P.S : I m talking of OTTD 1.1.0 title screen only.
What was unclear about ChillCore's instructions?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

well there is nothing unclear to me, but i guess some newbie might just want directly a .sav

also i proposed the .scn and this i doubt many have it in their computer....

so what was unclear in my post?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

You were the one asking for a .sav. You have been given instructions on how to create one. Why would someone else need to upload it now? If you really wanted to upload it just follow the instructions and attach it to a post here. Also I doubt there is a .scn file, as scenarios can't have any vehicles in them.

Edit: sorry, I completely misread your post. I read "if anyone wants to upload the .sav" instead of "if anyone wants me to upload the .sav". So please ignore my previous (and the top of this) posts and go ahead and attach it here.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Or use the link from the titlegame contest ;-)
http://devs.openttd.org/~planetmaker/ti ... entry1.sav should be the correct one

(but I might remove that at one point)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Lol, Yexo

made me laugh how you missreaded and answered...

Here people, You will find here The OTTD screentitle game to download:

The savegames :
Screen Title Contest v.1.2.sav
The scenario (same map ,but empty of company infrastructure) :
Ottd Title Screen.scn
Hope you will enjoy it

btw i was looking at the credit in ottd, i know anyone can do a screentitle, not like coding, develloping, drawing grf, etc... but in the end since it s a bit of a pixelart and also that i won by votes, would i not also deserve to be credited for it?? at least for version using it?
I know i m probably not the one that should ask this, since i m the first interested... but who else than me would ask it?

Edit : Yexo you mentionned that a .scn canno t have vehicules inside... but this is not really true since we can rename a .sav to a .scn, we can also use the normal game mode to edit a scenario and include vehicule right from the start)
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

I don't see any reason why not, it's probably just that it hadn't occurred to anybody?
Jon
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

i guess your talking about the credit?

That s actually what i thought (or that maybe older screentitle were made by someone allready credited for somehting else).
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

As for information there are many people who have written patches that are not mentioned in the credits (except for in the commit log). So it is always a question where to draw the line. [this is neither an argument for or against, just an observation]
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

That s a very good point Zuu. Didn tknow about all people involved not being credited...
and about where to draw the line, my first thought about it is: There should not be a line... all people involved in something going into trunk once should be credited.
And If it was not done before, that s not really a good reason to not start doing it.

I m open to debate, and people don t worry, i won t cry if you just never credit me for my "little" input... To see my screentitle running is allready a lot to my eyes !!!
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

IMO everyone has the right to be credited. If they're in the commit log, it should be in the credits file.

Even if the main file stays as-is, then at the bottom is an "other contributors" section, which is just a list of names. One of the best things about OTTD is the wide range of contributors, I'd like to recognise them all if possible.
Jon
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

audigex wrote:IMO everyone has the right to be credited. If they're in the commit log, it should be in the credits file.
you are free to go through the commit logs and make a list of all people credited.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Unfortunately it's revision/exam time so I won't be doing anything of the sort. I might take a look at running a script through it at some point afterwards, but I'll likely forget by then...
Jon

Return to “General OpenTTD”