Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Change train speed etc.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I don't know if this is meant to be in the development subforum, if so, punish me.

When I first played TTD years ago (can't remember if it was the original TTD or OpenTTD) I Googled a simple way to change locomotive specifications such as max speed, horsepower, weight, cost etc. As I recall it was made in Notepad in some sort of configuration file, altough I now play OpenTTD, and I searched Googled to the end, and I simply can't find a way to change this again. I can't find the files anywhere?

So, any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:48 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Jezzy wrote:
When I first played TTD years ago (can't remember if it was the original TTD or OpenTTD) I Googled a simple way to change locomotive specifications such as max speed, horsepower, weight, cost etc. As I recall it was made in Notepad in some sort of configuration file, altough I now play OpenTTD, and I searched Googled to the end, and I simply can't find a way to change this again. I can't find the files anywhere?

Back then you didn't play TTD nor OpenTTD but TTDPatch and used TTDAlter. In OpenTTD the proper way is to write a NewGRF and use that.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 am 
Director
Director

Go to the graphics development forum, it's both for ttd patch and openttd. There you'll find information about nfo coding and compiling nfo's to grfs. I do not know if what you say is true: that it was possible to change vehicle stats by editing a txt file, could be but I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:30 am 
Engineer
Engineer

There is also a maglev train in the online content 'Logic Train' which has speed set to whatever you make the grf parameter. It's more for running logic gates with trains than hauling cargo though, but you could if you wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:36 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello. I have a question.
I compiled train, maglev and vacuum train set newgrfs to nfo, and I can't find the sprite for train speed.
I would like to change the speed, and the announcement's date. Can you help me?

Attachments:
vactrain.grf [47.26 KiB]
Downloaded 15 times
vactrain.nfo [18.41 KiB]
Downloaded 7 times