Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Hungarian translation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:22 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
Dear all!

Here is the thread of the Hungarian translation. This is for those occurrences when you say "OMG what a big mistranslating!" or "That could be better if we say ... instead of ...". If you want to report one, just tell us where did you find it and what would you suggest.

This topic is also for translators to discuss the main rules of the translating, and to discuss any problems or ideas.

Now, the Hungarian language is fully translated. In the last months, 3 translators made changes and fixings in Hungarian.

So, feel free to comment or ask or anything you want to do in the topic of the Hungarian translation. :)

About the last days' discussion:
we cleared the mess about the base sets' translation, the finals are: "alapcsomag" as "zenei alapcsomag", "hang alapcsomag", "grafikus alapcsomag".

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 26
Location: Budapest, Hungary
We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?

_________________
Nightly update script for Linux | Hungarian Translation | Hungarian Set by Colossal404


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:26 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
alyr wrote:
We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?


I suggest the "klikk", because it's shorter and let make flexibiler sentences.

If it's OK, I can do the changes tomorrow or tonight.

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:29 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
Other: In the Jazz Jukebox why are the button captions written with CAPITAL letters? If there's no reason, I'll change it back to normal as the English is.

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm 
Offline
Chairman
Chairman

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm
Posts: 891
One thing I'd like to ask:
When browsing the Hungarian translation, I see that some words have correct accusatives (e. g. szenet, fát), but they don't show up in the game. Could you fix them?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:55 pm
Posts: 36
IngaPapagaj wrote:
alyr wrote:
We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?


I suggest the "klikk", because it's shorter and let make flexibiler sentences.

If it's OK, I can do the changes tomorrow or tonight.


True, "klikk" is shorter than "kattintás", but there are some other forms as well. "Klikkel, klikkelj" sounds very stupid, I'd rather prefer "kattint, kattints".


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:57 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
Brumi wrote:
One thing I'd like to ask:
When browsing the Hungarian translation, I see that some words have correct accusatives (e. g. szenet, fát), but they don't show up in the game. Could you fix them?


I don't know who made them, but because they do not appear in the game, I think we could leave them there.

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
smile64 wrote:
IngaPapagaj wrote:
alyr wrote:
We should remove the inconsistent translation of "Ctrl+Click" next. In 29 strings "klikk" is used, while there are 30 strings with "kattintás". :?


I suggest the "klikk", because it's shorter and let make flexibiler sentences.

If it's OK, I can do the changes tomorrow or tonight.


True, "klikk" is shorter than "kattintás", but there are some other forms as well. "Klikkel, klikkelj" sounds very stupid, I'd rather prefer "kattint, kattints".


Then, we'll vote about it. :) However I don't think the "klikkelés" sounds stupidly. :) Moreover it usually appears as "Ctrl+Click" format.

In the other hand the "kattintás" is more Hungarian, the "Klikkelés" is an English "loan word". :)

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 pm 
Offline
Chairman
Chairman

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm
Posts: 891
IngaPapagaj wrote:
Brumi wrote:
One thing I'd like to ask:
When browsing the Hungarian translation, I see that some words have correct accusatives (e. g. szenet, fát), but they don't show up in the game. Could you fix them?


I don't know who made them, but because they do not appear in the game, I think we could leave them there.


According to the wiki, cases can be used this way:
Code:
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO                        :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO_OR_CARGO               :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO                              :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO_AND_CARGO                    :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}


So please try this one and see if this works. I cannot try it myself because I'm not a translator and I cannot get strgen to work.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
Brumi wrote:
IngaPapagaj wrote:
Brumi wrote:
One thing I'd like to ask:
When browsing the Hungarian translation, I see that some words have correct accusatives (e. g. szenet, fát), but they don't show up in the game. Could you fix them?


I don't know who made them, but because they do not appear in the game, I think we could leave them there.


According to the wiki, cases can be used this way:
Code:
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO                        :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO_OR_CARGO               :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO                              :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO_AND_CARGO                    :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}


So please try this one and see if this works. I cannot try it myself because I'm not a translator and I cannot get strgen to work.


Thx, I did not know that, but I'll try it. If it works ill change.

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:51 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
I started to check the whole list. Today I made the first 1000, I changed/fixed 171 strings. If you have any comments please post it!

I checked the .t-s, so tomorrow I can test if it is working ingame. I rewrited some strings because of it's comprehensibility, and there was some spelling mistakes also. I changed the "clicks" too.

Tomorrow I'll continue. :)

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:00 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 3008
Location: Massachusetts, USA
IngaPapagaj wrote:
I started to check the whole list. Today I made the first 1000, I changed/fixed 171 strings.

Congratulations! That must have been quite some work, you've been doing an awesome job.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:54 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
petert wrote:
IngaPapagaj wrote:
I started to check the whole list. Today I made the first 1000, I changed/fixed 171 strings.

Congratulations! That must have been quite some work, you've been doing an awesome job.


I finished, 507 strings has been changed.
If you have comment, please tell it! :)
I made many corrections about grammar and word using (and some mistranslations). If you see any problems, please signal it!

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:40 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
IngaPapagaj wrote:
Brumi wrote:
According to the wiki, cases can be used this way:
Code:
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO                        :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NO_LONGER_ACCEPTS_CARGO_OR_CARGO               :{WHITE}{STATION} többé nem fogad el {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO                              :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t}
STR_NEWS_STATION_NOW_ACCEPTS_CARGO_AND_CARGO                    :{WHITE}{STATION} most már elfogad {STRING.t} és {STRING.t}


So please try this one and see if this works. I cannot try it myself because I'm not a translator and I cannot get strgen to work.


Thx, I did not know that, but I'll try it. If it works ill change.


As I see, it works! :)


Attachments:
File comment: Look at the bottom!
Tořma Intertrans, 1927-02-07#1.png
Tořma Intertrans, 1927-02-07#1.png [ 181.87 KiB | Viewed 4466 times ]

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread
Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:35 am 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 26
Location: Budapest, Hungary
I guess your exam went well then. :D
There are some strings that i think could be a bit better, i'll change them when i have time. (for example: "Kliens online / kliens max.{}Vállalat online / vállalat max." should be "Online kliens(ek?) / max. kliens(ek?) {}Online vállalat(ok?) / max. vállalat(ok?)" instead, etc. (i know it wasn't you who wrote this, just caught my eye :) ))
Also: do we need abbreviations (ktsg (költség), sz (szerinti))? With the new window system we don't really need them IMO.

Anyway, really nice work! :)

_________________
Nightly update script for Linux | Hungarian Translation | Hungarian Set by Colossal404


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:57 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Posts: 44
Skype: ingapapagaj
Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
alyr wrote:
I guess your exam went well then. :D
There are some strings that i think could be a bit better, i'll change them when i have time. (for example: "Kliens online / kliens max.{}Vállalat online / vállalat max." should be "Online kliens(ek?) / max. kliens(ek?) {}Online vállalat(ok?) / max. vállalat(ok?)" instead, etc. (i know it wasn't you who wrote this, just caught my eye :) ))
Also: do we need abbreviations (ktsg (költség), sz (szerinti))? With the new window system we don't really need them IMO.

Anyway, really nice work! :)


My exam went not too bad, but I had time in the weekend so I did it.
If you see something, change it. :)

_________________
IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:12 pm 
Offline
Chairman
Chairman

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm
Posts: 891
Good job!
I have two remarks:
  • Please change 'ügyvezető' back to 'elnök', IMO it fits the game better. I understand that 'elnök' is not the correct translation of 'manager', but bear in mind that in the US English translation it is 'president'.
  • Please change STR_MAPGEN_RANDOM to something else, like 'Új véletlen alapszám'. 'Véletlenszerűen' just doesn't make sense there.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 3008
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Brumi wrote:
  • Please change 'ügyvezető' back to 'elnök', IMO it fits the game better. I understand that 'elnök' is not the correct translation of 'manager', but bear in mind that in the US English translation it is 'president'.

There, done.
Brumi wrote:
  • Please change STR_MAPGEN_RANDOM to something else, like 'Új véletlen alapszám'. 'Véletlenszerűen' just doesn't make sense there.

  • I agree, that sounds quite strange there, changed.

    Thanks Brumi


    Top
       
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm 
    Offline
    Engineer
    Engineer
    User avatar

    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm
    Posts: 44
    Skype: ingapapagaj
    Location: Budapest XI., Hungary
    petert wrote:
    Brumi wrote:
    • Please change 'ügyvezető' back to 'elnök', IMO it fits the game better. I understand that 'elnök' is not the correct translation of 'manager', but bear in mind that in the US English translation it is 'president'.

    There, done.
    Brumi wrote:
  • Please change STR_MAPGEN_RANDOM to something else, like 'Új véletlen alapszám'. 'Véletlenszerűen' just doesn't make sense there.

  • I agree, that sounds quite strange there, changed.

    Thanks Brumi


    Then, I want to explain, why did I changed the manager to "ügyvezető". The "elnök" (chairman) is a title in the Company League Table, and I did not want to use the word duplicated.
    Btw the "manager's" could be ügyvezető, igazgató, osztályvezető according to the sztaki translator. Elnök means president or chairman in English, so it's not correct.

    Then, I suggest to translate it to ügyvezető or igazgató, but the elnök is reserved I think so. What is your opinion? (as I see, igazgató is also used az the league table for director.)

    If you want to leave it as elnök, I will say OK. :)

    _________________
    IPG, Hungarian translator and traffic fanatic; Hungarian translation thread


    Top
       
    PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:26 am 
    Offline
    Chairman
    Chairman

    Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm
    Posts: 891
    I suggest 'elnök' again, because I think a new player to OpenTTD who hasn't even seen the English translation would say 'elnök' or 'igazgató' to the leader of the company. Here the accuracy of the translation is not som important it's enough to be natural. Anyway, 'president' in the US English translation is also there both as the manager and in the company league table.


    Top
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

    All times are UTC


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to:  
    Powered by phpBB © 2000-2019 phpBB Limited

    Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2019.
    Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.