Looking for anybody with reasonable scripting skills

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Joshu145
Engineer
Engineer

Looking for anybody with reasonable scripting skills

Post by Joshu145 »

I'm planning a war game based of off openttd. i have experience with 3D modeling and will create all the vehicles and buildings and stuff. i need someone to majorly modify the openttd game engine or just create a new one. PM if your interested in becoming a developer of this and i'll explaing more in detail
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Looking for anybody with reasonable scripting skills

Post by ChillCore »

Good luck finding someone ... http://wiki.openttd.org/Objectives
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Joshu145
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joshu145 »

this will be a much different game. hosted as it's own thing just with similar graphics, it's only gonna involve vehicles as the fighting source
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Then please explain in more detail in public ... maybe instead of someone posting a link like the one above you might get some actual feedback.
I have seen plenty of vague/unrealistic suggestions before and honestly I do not care for them in the end ...
As you only mentioned war and OpenTTD in the same sentence...

No offence.
Also welcome to the forums BTW.

Edit:
Changed syntax of sentences ... "I" ... am only one ... 1/1.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Joshu145
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joshu145 »

i know i thought the same thing while writing it i was just being lazy
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Obviously, you are going to find loads of skilled programmers with plenty of surplus time to work on a combat game in a forum about a peaceful building/simulation game.
Xaroth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xaroth »

Alberth wrote:Obviously, you are going to find loads of skilled programmers with plenty of surplus time to work on a combat game in a forum about a peaceful building/simulation game.
Wait, OpenTTD is peaceful?!?

Next you'll tell me that the goal is NOT to kill as many busdrivers as possible :|
Lead Manager of OpenDUNE

Return to “General OpenTTD”