Title game for OpenTTD's 1.0 series

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Title game for OpenTTD's 1.0 series

Post by maquinista »

Other suggestion: show at least one station with roof in railways, monorail and maglev. The original graphics comes with the same roofs, but OpenGFX added different styles.
More: use at least a 2×2 helistation.
Rivers are very nice, and they was used only in a few proposals.

IMHO monorail and maglev tracks shouldn't be used for freight transport in the title screen, also, they shouldn't have buses crossing them, because sometimes they crashes.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

maquinista wrote:(...)IMHO(...)
All your suggestions come a bit late :-) Voting is over and the winning game already comited to the 1.0 branch.
Mr.Killer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mr.Killer »

I think it is time to celebrate all the efforts put in the game so far. :mrgreen:
From my point of view i see a truthfully successor and an accomplished game. :D
I guess that my view is not shared with many, because deep down i admit, i like changes in this game too. :wink:

Everyone who made contribution in finishing this game should go to the fridge, get a bottle of good beer, open it, and drink it with thoughts of 'You did a damn good job here!'

So, cheers!
Bla bla, and may the force be with you!
Never knew I was gonna say that! ;-)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Better yet, it still isn't finished by far - will it ever really be?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

neg wrote:Better yet, it still isn't finished by far - will it ever really be?
That is the joy of open source software: No development deadlines, final release dates or anything like that, just new improved version after new improved version...
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

When would it be finished? I don't there there is a definite answer to that, there are always more improvements to be found.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Yexo wrote:
When would it be finished? I don't there there is a definite answer to that, there are always more improvements to be found.
You could say it's finished once you feel there are no improvement's that can be made while still feeling like the game is a clone of TTD.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Absolutis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Absolutis »

I would say that it's finished when the first stable version is released (or, in case of a clone like OpenTTD, the original game is replicated)

But "finished" is different that "entirely finished".
Last edited by Absolutis on 17 Apr 2010 08:49, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Absolutis wrote:I would say that it's finished when the first stable version is released (or, in case of a clone like OpenTTD, the original game is replicated)
But we're not trying to replicate the original game, we're trying to build an improved version of it.
Mr.Killer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mr.Killer »

We still wait until we can zoom in on the trains in real 3d, step in en drive them through the countyside and wave to the other trains.... :mrgreen:
Or become a passenger and standing on the platform waiting for the darn train to come.... :mrgreen:
Maybe submarines, differences in states, countries, believes and real life happenings like war, terrorists, celebrations, strikes, vulcano spills name your goal! :D
Or be a bus driver, a ferry captain, a pilot or, or..... yourself?!
Bla bla, and may the force be with you!
Never knew I was gonna say that! ;-)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

if you want that, try a different game :wink:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra

Return to “General OpenTTD”