WebTranslator 3.0

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: WebTranslator 3.0

Post by habell »

Sorry for dreadging up (i'm nog sure about the spelling though) this thread, but I get an error while trying to edit a dutch untranslated string.

Every button is greyed out and I get an error on top of the page:"Callback Error: TypeError: history is undefined"

Can someone tell me how to correct this? Or who to contact. I counldn't find any contact address on the translator page. :oops:

Greetz,
Habell
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Bug fixed.

Please next time use http://bugs.openttd.org for bug reports. The forum is not the best place for that.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

TrueBrain wrote:Bug fixed.

Please next time use http://bugs.openttd.org for bug reports. The forum is not the best place for that.
I've found that link, but it looked like a bugtracker for OpenTTD and not for WebTranslator.

Thanks for the fast fix!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Yes and no. The default is "OpenTTD". But in the upper left you can choose the project.

Unfortunately you don't choose - as expected "Webtranslator 2" - but "Website" and you're there where the WT3 bugs should be filed: http://bugs.openttd.org/index.php?proje ... x&switch=1
OliTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OliTTD »

Alright, I spent the day using WebTranslator 3.0, here are a few remarks:

1. I think it would be better (ie more usable, more practical) to have the 'Prev' and 'Next' buttons next to each other instead of having them 20cm or so away. The same goes of course for the 'First' and 'Last' buttons.

2. I am not going to check/translate all strings in one session. So , where is the button/field where I can input the last string number I checked/modified in order to resume my work from there? If I have to press 'Next' 600 times, then it is very unpractical… Maybe the Search dialog should allow to search for string numbers within a given set.

Hopefully, there is a workaround for this, at least with Firefox (and probably others): in the URL bar, type javascript:changeOrder(window.orderId + 1, false); and presse [Enter]. You will move forward by one string number. Replace +1 with +500 and you will move forward by 500 string numbers. Save this as a bookmark applet.
For Firefox, you may have to put to true the variable noscript.allowURLBarJS in about:config for this trick to work properly. That is, if you have the extension NoScript installed.
wojteks86
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by wojteks86 »

Every time I log in to WT (now or before) it tells me I am logged in fine, then I click Edit and it says:

Code: Select all

404 - Page Not Found
The page you requested could not be found.
Then I have to click Frontpage and when I click on Webtranslator and go to Edit again, it works!
Anyway to fix that?

Thanks
Wojtek
Regards,
Wojtek
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

You guys are replying to a 2 year old topic. That is not wise. Please report bugs to http://bugs.openttd.org/ (you will find existing ones there too), same as features :) Tnx guys!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

OliTTD wrote:2. I am not going to check/translate all strings in one session. So , where is the button/field where I can input the last string number I checked/modified in order to resume my work from there? If I have to press 'Next' 600 times, then it is very unpractical… Maybe the Search dialog should allow to search for string numbers within a given set.
You can select in a dropdown whether you only want to see "untranslated" strings, "strings which need validation" (were changed in the english original) or even "uncommitted strings" or "recently changed strings".
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
OliTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OliTTD »

frosch wrote:You can select in a dropdown whether you only want to see "untranslated" strings, "strings which need validation" (were changed in the english original) or even "uncommitted strings" or "recently changed strings".
I know that but it doesn't help. French is a fully translated language, so all those options return nothing (except for what I modified). What I do is a complete and systematic check of all the 3651 existing strings. I checked 800 strings so far, and modified 200 of them (25%!). Tomorrow, I'll will resume this job with string nr 801, but the interface doesn't give me the opportunity to jump directly to that string number.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Store the permalink of a string somewhere and use that to continue where you left.
sulai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sulai »

Is the source code of WebTranslator 3.0 available?

If this is not the case, do you (developers of WebTranslator 3.0) perceive this as a welcome idea? After all, the OpenTTD community is a open source community :)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

sulai wrote:Is the source code of WebTranslator 3.0 available?

If this is not the case, do you (developers of WebTranslator 3.0) perceive this as a welcome idea? After all, the OpenTTD community is a open source community :)
No, it's not publicly available. All parts of website which are, are in our svn in the extra directory: vcs.openttd.org/ Yes, it would be nice, but it needs clean-up (or so I recall, Truebrain will know the details).

You might want to have a look at eints, though, which we currently setup as a translator tool for NewGRFs. You can login with credentials from the #openttdcoop DevZone. It's written modular so that it shall be feasible to add another set of string verification rules.
sulai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sulai »

Hi planetmaker, nice to see you are still around :D

I logged in to #openttdcoop DevZone and I'm impressed how professional everything is organized!

Nice to see that webtranslator is written in Python, like that language a lot. I can also log in to the sample project eints-test, but as soon as I click "Start Fixing" I have no permission. Is it possible to create a public testing project everyone can access (given a DevZone account)? Or much sumpler, maybe you can provide a screenshot to give an impression, how the actual translation ui looks like? :) Is it easily possible to adapt eints to other language file formats, like say Android language files (xml)?

Regarding WebTranslator 3.0, don't mind messy code ;)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

sulai wrote: Nice to see that webtranslator is written in Python, like that language a lot. I can also log in to the sample project eints-test, but as soon as I click "Start Fixing" I have no permission. Is it possible to create a public testing project everyone can access (given a DevZone account)? Or much sumpler, maybe you can provide a screenshot to give an impression, how the actual translation ui looks like? :) Is it easily possible to adapt eints to other language file formats, like say Android language files (xml)?

Regarding WebTranslator 3.0, don't mind messy code ;)
As to WT3: it's also in python (django), but system configuration and sensitive data are not separated enough from the code there, thus we cannot share that code easily.

As to an anonymous show-case project with eints that might work to setup - but would require to setup another instance with different config. Current setup only allows you to edit a language file if you got the translator rights for that particular language and project, assigned as roles within the projects on DevZone.
EDIT: Anyway, I added you as German translator to the eints-test project.

But screenshots from http://translator.openttdcoop.org are quite easy to get by:
Attachments
Project overview. More projects will be added in the near future
Project overview. More projects will be added in the near future
eints_project_view.png (27.8 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Overview over the language which I selected
Overview over the language which I selected
eints_language_overview.png (52.33 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Fixing a single string
Fixing a single string
eints_fix_string.png (92.36 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Hi there,

I have a question about the Webtranslator. I'm a registered translator for my native language (Italian) and would like to fix a few inaccurate existing entries on a number of different projects.
However, as I browse the list of languages of certain projects (for example, the 2cc bus set) I can't see the "Start fixing" option for my language. This is probably because someone else has filled all the strings, which are marked as "Correct", but unfortunately some of them appear to be inaccurate and need to be changed.

Could you please help me go ahead and enhance the current entries?
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Go to the translator page for the project you want to work on, select your language on that page and then the strings you want to edit.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Oh, I didn't notice you could click on the strings! :oops: silly me!
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here

Return to “General OpenTTD”