Need help: RR_LL to 8lane station

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Stianbl
Engineer
Engineer

Need help: RR_LL to 8lane station

Post by Stianbl »

Hi there,

So I'v tested out this great game now, and I really like it =D
Started out simple, with a single lane and one train, and advanced to a R_L highway. This works great, and the Ro-Ro stations work well too. But now that I'v advanced to about 80 trains, I see that it might be better to do a RR_LL highway, and make R_L sideways. I managed to get a reasonable entrance to the station (8 lanes), but I cant get an exit that works well. I will attach a picture so you can see what what I have now.

Also, I would need some help on how to build goodlooking/effective RR_LL to sideway R_L. Know any good resources on this?
And I would like to learn a little bit more about prioritations. I want sideways to wait for a clear highway before entering...

I hope it's not too much questions.

Looking forward to some help, and thanks in advance! =)

Picture 1: Seemes like it works good when the trains enters, but I could have used a bridge ur a tunel on the crossing. (Or do you have any other ways that work more effective?)
The exit works good for now, but I dont think its the best way to build it =P
And I miss some signs at the start of the station there, before the crossover. But when I used presignals, it all got messed up for some reason. So when removing them, like this, it works.. Strange.

Picture 2: This is where it goes from RR_LL to sideway R_L. Anything to improve? (Would also want prioritation, if both lanes are busy on the highway.

NOTE: Hmmm, for some reason the images showed full size, but I pasted the rezised forum code from imageshack.us.... Well, I hope it works ok anyways. :P
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Need help: RR_LL to 8lane station

Post by DaleStan »

Stianbl wrote:NOTE: Hmmm, for some reason the images showed full size, but I pasted the rezised forum code from imageshack.us.... Well, I hope it works ok anyways. :P
It does not.

We provide the ability to attach files to forum posts for a reason. Kindly use it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I think that the flow will improve if you remove the X-es, because then 2 trains can enter and leave at once.
I also have another solution wich i will provide a picture of later today if nobody does it before me.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Here you go.
I also made a example of a better 3 way too. :)

8 Platform station

3 way junction.

Savegames:
(I used version r16600, so you can't load them if you are using 0.6.3)
Attachments
3 way L_R to LL_RR.sav
(19.11 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
8 platform station LL_RR.sav
(40.84 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Last edited by Benny on 30 Dec 2008 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Moved to correct forum - Please make the images smaller or at least links, as they break the forum tables, thanks.

Return to “General OpenTTD”