new guy here..A LOT of questions...

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

piffmuff_mongo
Engineer
Engineer

new guy here..A LOT of questions...

Post by piffmuff_mongo »

first.... hey peps, im pifmuff, from norway :) i got some questions for u guys.... i have been trying to make me an scenario of my home town....but i cant get the size and details good.. je, its a small town, 40 k live there, called Arendal, thats in norway... well i got the link her : http://maps.google.no/maps?f=s&ie=UTF8& ... 4&t=p&z=13 ,

so if anyone whould give it a try, im gratefull! everytime i try i mix something up, but the biggest problem is that the SRTM3 in GE dosent get as detaild as i want on my hometown..

secund thing, how many grf can be active when playing?

and last, my Openttd is versjon 0.62 , are there any really good updates afther this one ?

tnx, cheers from NO
piffmuff_mongo
Engineer
Engineer

Re: new guy here..A LOT of questions...

Post by piffmuff_mongo »

bump bump
Aylo
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aylo »

0.6.3 is the newest version. It is recommended, if you want to play with less bugs or if you want to play online. I don't thinkt there is a serous limit of grfs. i never reached it or had problems with it. So try everything you like.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Moved to General OpenTTD.
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Aylo wrote:0.6.3 is the newest version. It is recommended, if you want to play with less bugs or if you want to play online. I don't thinkt there is a serous limit of grfs. i never reached it or had problems with it. So try everything you like.
Yes there is a quite serious limit of grfs, namely "only one of a kind" - that means you should e.g. only use one train set, not two at the same time (e.g. DBSetXL and UKRS)or else they would interfere with each other. Same for road vehicles, planes, ships.

In the so called nightly or trunk versions (every night such a build is done with the newest developments of OpenTTD, hence the name) there exists a feature named "Allow multiple newgrf sets" in the advanced settings, which allows you to circumvent what I just wrote above. With that you can e.g. use two train sets at the same time. However that feature was not available in 0.6.3 or even 0.6.2.

So in any case you should upgrade to 0.6.3, or if you want the newest stuff (like the feature I just mentioned), grab a nightly version here: http://www.openttd.org/en/download-trunk
The current version for example is r14600, tomorrow it will be a few numbers higher ;)
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Qu@rks »

And the feature doesn't always work correctly... I've tried it with several trainsets (only two at a time, but different combinations) and some ended up having very interesting engine and cars... a coal car with 1472 HP or a car that is named "passenger car" and can only be refitted to coal, wood, and steel...

The game never crashed, though. So you can experiment with whatever you want, the worst thing that can happen is that one or more sets won't work properly...
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Qu@rks wrote:And the feature doesn't always work correctly... I've tried it with several trainsets (only two at a time, but different combinations) and some ended up having very interesting engine and cars... a coal car with 1472 HP or a car that is named "passenger car" and can only be refitted to coal, wood, and steel...

The game never crashed, though. So you can experiment with whatever you want, the worst thing that can happen is that one or more sets won't work properly...
Hm, such things should not happen if you really did activate the setting (it's easy to forget it ;)). If you encounter any problems with multiple newgrf sets other than far-off prices (if the grf(s) do base cost modification; that's known and one can't do much about it the way it's working atm), it should be reported to the devs.
Of course only if you didn't change newgrfs doing the game or something like that. Such actions can easily create bugs like what you described - that's why there's a red sign discouraging you to change newgrfs during a game ;)

Oh and as a last possibility it could always be a bug in the grf, so it should only be reported to the openttd devs if it only happens in combination with the other newgrf. Else it's a bug report for the newgrf author ;)
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General OpenTTD”