German translation

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Germans: help translating...

Post by bleistift2 »

Eddi wrote: PS: how one would build a structurally sound bridge from (pure?) "Silizium" escapes my imagination somewhat...
Maybe it's a compound mainly consisting of silicon. I don't think the wooden bridge is made out of pure wood either. There'll be some steel bolts as well. Remember, this bridge is only available in the future.

Oh, and by the way, there are two Stahlträgerbrücken as well.
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

By default there are 2 tubular steel bridges, 3 cantilever steel bridges and 2 suspension steel bridges.
They have the same name, and just differ in speed limits.
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

What is the originial text for the newspaper article warning the company that they might be declared bankrupt?
Jogio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jogio »

It is:

{BIG_FONT}{BLACK}{STRING} will be sold off or declared bankrupt unless performance increases soon!

in german:

{BIG_FONT}{BLACK}{STRING} Falls die Firmenleitung sich nicht bessert, wird der Verkauf oder die Insolvenz eingeleitet!
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

Does it look as strange in the english version?
Attachments
jpg.jpg
jpg.jpg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Na, das habe ich doch spontan auf
{BIG_FONT}{BLACK}Falls die Firmenleitung von {STRING} sich nicht bessert, wird der Verkauf oder die Insolvenz eingeleitet!
geändert.
Lukenwolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lukenwolf »

I think the translation sounds somewhat odd. Performance in that case would be translated to Betriebsergebnis, I think. A possible translation that is closer to the English original could be :

Code: Select all

{BIG_FONT}{BLACK}{STRING} ist von Übernahme oder Insolvenz bedroht, wenn sich das Betriebsergebnis nicht umgehend verbessert.
Beer is not the answer. It's the question, and the answer is YES.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Du hast Recht - und ich habe Deinen Text da nun reinkopiert.
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

What do you think of "Betriebsbilanz"?
Lukenwolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lukenwolf »

Bilanz is more like a final report of financial results over a given period of time, while Betriebsergebnis describes a more immediate snapshot of the company's financial health. While an Ergebnis can be influenced rather directly (loans, retiring uneconomic routes, selling surplus rolling stock), the Bilanz only changes later as a result of such measures.
Beer is not the answer. It's the question, and the answer is YES.
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

OK
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

bleistift2 wrote:OK
Just a heads-up: as of a week ago, posts less than 3 words are not allowed any more ;)
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

Is there a reason why the bridges "Siliziumrundbrücke" (611 km/h), "Stahlrundbrücke" (515 km/h) and "Stahlrundbrücke" (321 km/h) are called "Rundstahlbrücke" in the "Gebietsinformation"?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

let me repeat myself: i think it should be "Röhrenbrücke [aus {Silizium|Stahl}]"
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

Zugdetails - Frachtübersicht: Transfer-Einnahmen --> Transfereinnahmen

"Subventionsangebot abgelaufen. Passagieretransport von [...]"

Is it possible that there are two different messages for when a vehicle can't get to its depot? "Fahrzeugdepot unauffindbar" and "Fahrzeugdepot nicht gefunden" or something like that.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

that question is ambiguous. did you see two different ones and wonder if that was intended or a bug? or do you want to have two different ones? (on which conditions?)
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

I think that I encountered a message that had the meaning of "vehicle can't find its depot" and that I haven't seen before, but I'm not sure. I didn't take a screenshot, so I neither can prove me wrong nor right.
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

Fahrpläne in Ticks anstatt in Tagen anzeigen wrote:Zeige Fahrtzeiten in Fahrplänen in Ticks statt in Tagen
What do you think of adding "74 Tick = 1 Tag"? this option does not only apply to the time a train takes to reach its destination, but also to the time it stays there, so I'd suggest "Zeiten im Fahrplan in Ticks statt Tagen messen/anzeigen. Ein Tag entspricht 74 Ticks".
Building a train station wrote:Klicken und Ziehen
The term "drag and drop" is very common in German as well, I'd suggest keeping it in the translation
train statistics: wrote:Wartungsintervall: 150Tage
There's a space missing.

[quote="Advanced settings -> "Art der Einstellung""]beeinflußt alle Spiele[/quote]beeinflusst

[quote="Advanced settings ->"Oberfläche""]Blende am Ende jedes Jahres automatisch die Einkommensübersicht [...][/quote] This window doesn't only show the income. I'd suggest "Firmenbilanz". (I remember we've had an argument about that earlier and there was a better word suggested than "Bilanz".)

[quote="Advanced settings -> "Oberfläche" "]Zeige Hilfe-Texte[/quote]Zeige "Hilfstexte" or "Hilfetexte"

[quote="Advanced settings -> "Oberfläche"-> Farbige Nachrichten erscheinen ab:... "]Jahr in dem die Zeitung in Farbe herausgebracht wird.[/quote]Jahr, in dem die Zeitung [...]

[quote="Advanced settings -> "Konstruktion->Signale->Landschaftsbau unter Gebäuden, Gleisen, usw. erlauben""]Erlaube Erdbauarbeiten unter Gebäuden oder Infrastruktur ohne sie zu entfernen[/quote]Erlaube Erdbauarbeiten unter Gebäuden oder Infrastruktur, ohne sie zu entfernen - I'm not sure there.

Advanced settings -> "Fahrzeuge-> Maximale Anzahl an Zügen etc." I'd add "A higher value requires a better CPU" or something
mfb
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfb »

bleistift2 wrote:[quote="Advanced settings -> "Oberfläche"-> Farbige Nachrichten erscheinen ab:... "]Jahr in dem die Zeitung in Farbe herausgebracht wird.
Jahr, in dem die Zeitung [...][/quote]
Jahr, ab dem die Zeitung...?

I think the newspaper stays in colors afterwards.
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bleistift2 »

Even better :D

Do you guys need the exact lines in that translation text file?

Return to “General OpenTTD”