German translation

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wuzzy
Engineer
Engineer

Re: German translation

Post by Wuzzy »

In a Github issue the user Wuzzy2 mentioned an incorrect translation for the string "STR_NEWS_INDUSTRY_PRODUCTION_INCREASE_FARM".
Hi! This change was proposed by me.

The rationale is this: If you translate “Neue Getreideanbaumethoden bei {INDUSTRY} werden Erträge verdoppeln!” back to English, you get “Improved wheat farming methods at {INDUSTRY} are expected to double production!”.

Note that {INDUSTRY} can be farms, battery farms, cotton candy plantains, fruit plantains, rubber plantains … Many things that have nothing do with wheat use this string.

This would lead to hilarious sentences like “Neue Getreideanbaumethoden bei Berlin Batterieplantage werden Erträge verdoppeln!”, translated back: “Improved wheat farming methods at Berlin Battery Farm are expected to double production!”.

So, yeah, please someone fix this string, thank you. :) Sadly, I'm not allowed to.
Wuzzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wuzzy »

Update: I recently got approved as translator, so I finally was able to fix that STR_NEWS_INDUSTRY_PRODUCTION_INCREASE_FARM string. :)
Wuzzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wuzzy »

I recently did a lot of minor changes in the German translation, mostly cleanup work. I have proofread the entire translation and fixed various minor typos or mistakes all over the place. I also fixed all “incorrect” quotation marks. Enjoy!
GunChleoc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GunChleoc »

Danke!
BeSt-Com
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BeSt-Com »

:bow: