Converting to electric?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rijinals
Engineer
Engineer

Converting to electric?

Post by Rijinals »

Is there an option to make an existing (non electric) train line to electric? I can see a curved arrow in the options menu for the railway but I am not sure what it does or how to do it.

Also can you run steam and diesel trains on an electric line?

Cheers!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Converting to electric?

Post by Purno »

TTD can't do this. OpenTTD can do it with a button with a yellow arrow pointing over a railway line (as you seem to have described). Just select electric rails, press the button, and drag it over your to-be-converted tracks. I don't remember how TTDPatch handeld this.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Rijinals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rijinals »

Sorry I am running OpenTTD. Sorry my mistake.

I will try that tonight then! Thank you for the speedy response!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You're welcome, and
Rijinals wrote:Also can you run steam and diesel trains on an electric line?
Of course you can!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Also, how hard is it to whack the report button when a OpenTTD question appears in the Transport Tycoon Deluxe section? Isn't that what it's there for?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

IMO people can post in the TTD section if they don't really know wether they're using OpenTTD or TTDPatch. I can imagine newbies don't really know the differences between TTD, OpenTTD and TTDPatch. Besides, there's probably barely anybody there who uses plain TTD.
Image Image
Rijinals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rijinals »

DaleStan wrote:Also, how hard is it to whack the report button when a OpenTTD question appears in the Transport Tycoon Deluxe section? Isn't that what it's there for?
Translated - Hi Rijinals, for future referance there is a OpenTTD section for these types of questions. Please use these in future.

Reply - Thaks DaleStan - I will in future and thanks for pointing that out for me.

Some people have such a way with words!!!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Purno wrote:IMO people can post in the TTD section if they don't really know wether they're using OpenTTD or TTDPatch.
So instead of them actually figuring out which program they use, we are just supposed to guess? I'm oh so terribly sorry, but my crystal ball broke last night. You'll have to give me your spare.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Rijinals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rijinals »

Dalestan. You can just move this post if its bothering you that much can't you?
You can not come down on new people like a tonne of bricks - instead build a train with Mineral Wagons and transport them to the local town factory! :lol:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Rijinals wrote:Dalestan. You can just move this post if its bothering you that much can't you?
I think if he could, he would've done that already. :wink:
In fact, I suspect him to have "whacked" the report button already.
Image Image
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Amazingly this appears to have magically apperaed in the General Open TTD forum although actually it probably should be in the OpenTTD Problems? :P

Seriously though this has already been answered!
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722

Return to “General OpenTTD”