OpenTTD Auto Update - 2.0.6

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD Auto Update - 2.0.6

Post by XeryusTC »

The #openttdcoop ProZone has moved to a different address and thus it seems that OTTDAU can't automatically connect to it anymore. The new address is pZ.openttdcoop.org:3982 instead of pS.openttdcoop.org:3982 (capitalisation is just so you notice the difference). I don't know if you have to change this or that I'm just glancing over the setting that I need to change on my end. If it is the former then could you please update the list?
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

It is indeed something that I have to change on the server side in order for the "Last ProZone" target to join the correct server.

There is also a release target "custom mp server" or so which allow you to specify the address of any MP server. In this case nightly and stable OpenTTD versions are supported. It need more work from users, but is generic enough to support most MP servers out there that run an official OpenTTD version.

Edit: I was maybe not clear enough that I've updated the server now.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
nuffsed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuffsed »

The location you download Last Cargodist from seems to be wrong.
The latest and greatest can be found here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/cargodist/

Hope this is something you can fix.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

While you are right that cargodist for some reason have included a 'releases' part in their binary part which isn't documented in the finger file. However, the main issue when I looked at it is that the finger file doesn't provide the correct last version.

Here you can see where and which version that my server software thinks is the last version:
http://users.tt-forums.net/ottdau/Updat ... tatusPage/

It is based on the information in the finger file along with a base path shared by all content on the same server. Adding the somewhat arbitrary sub directory that some #openttdcoop releases use is not that hard, just an inconvenience (which has already been carried out). Writing a version parser for a HTML directory listing is quite a bit more work.

Edit: Use the correct status page.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
nuffsed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nuffsed »

Zuu wrote:However, the main issue when I looked at it is that the finger file doesn't provide the correct last version.
Ok.. Maybe someone from openttdcoop reads this and can fix this.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Cargodist available again
Today I've updated the server so it can parse http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/cargodist/releases/ for the last cargodist version. I expect it to fail if #openttdcoop change the directory listening format. Ideally it would be better if http://finger.openttd.org/versions.txt could be updated as it is a more strict formatted file without any style information, but until that is sorted out the current solution can hopefully work for some time.

Let me know if there are new problems with cargodist through OpenTTD Auto Update. It is expected to happen if the directory listening HTML format changes.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Small suggestion: add "Update all" - I tend to do OpenTTD related things in bursts so I would welcome option to update everything with single click. Currently I need to use "Update & play" on all installations.

BTW, thanks for an awesome tool!
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

You can use a batch script to do that:

Code: Select all

OpenTTDAutoUpdate2.exe --select "Install 1" --update
OpenTTDAutoUpdate2.exe --select "Install 2" --update
OpenTTDAutoUpdate2.exe --select "Install 3" --update
I don't remember if "current path" need to be the installation directory or if OpenTTDAU is able to figure out where the installation is anyways (to access config files and Zip cache). Or just place the batch file in the same directory as OpenTTDAutoUpdate2.exe. (as long as you don't place it in the zip cache directory, it should survive :-) )

For a full list of all command line arguments, see OpenTTDAutoUpdate2.exe --help.

However, I don't see why you need to update an installation unless you want to play it. There is already a button to check all installations for the availability of updates. Eg. I don't see the point in updating all installs, just for the sake of updating. That will only use bandwidth for no good reason.
lugo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lugo »

Auto Update 2.0.6 still uses "data" directory for the preselected ottcoop-grfpack, when it should be using the "newgrf" directory.
Sorry if this is a known issue.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

lugo wrote:Auto Update 2.0.6 still uses "data" directory for the preselected ottcoop-grfpack, when it should be using the "newgrf" directory.
Sorry if this is a known issue.
Thanks for the reminder. I noticed this some time ago, but didn't felt that it was urgent enough to fix compared to the effort. (fixing anything related to OTTDDAU require me to dig up an old computer with Turbo Delphi, as that compiler is no longer available and I don't feel like spending 1000 euro to obtain a compatible compiler)

But now that you've documented it here, If I get around to make an update, I'll hopefully remember to check this thread for reported errors to fix.
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

I'd like to present a suggestion:

The ability of changing the game's parameters (the ones that are added in the properties of the desktop link), so I can add a custom dir for the openttd config file and other stuffs.
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

It is a good suggestion in line with my idea that a future update should make it more flexible and contain some way that you can run external scripts or programs if you want at some steps in the upgrade process.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

This program has been kind of broken for a while but now works again. Or actually the program itself has worked, but a '/' was missing in the server response for 6 months causing it to fail.

I haven't been using it a lot though but just got hold of a Delphi compiler for home use again so I finally could debug the problem.
n-iceman
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD Auto Update - Closed Source?

Post by n-iceman »

Hi,

I do like to help on this very great project "Auto Update". In another link you wrote that you don't want to open the source because Borland/Codegear/Embarcadero or now Idera was not offering Delphi for free. But they turned in the right direction this summer and many people outside have begun to enjoy Delphi.

For me there is no difference because I own my personal professional edition.

Can I ask you to get the source? I do like to add small change like the "Elevate as Administrator" to make it easier for users to start.
I have much other ideas and it will be very welcome if you allow me to work with your code.

Thank you!
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Hello,

Glad to hear you are interested. I downloaded the free Delphi 10 starter edition at home some weeks ago and started to port it, but there were some issues to get it work correctly. I'll have a new look to see what the problem was. One issue with the starter edition though is that I miss features from the pro edition such as being able to inspect variable values without having to define watches for everything. But I'll have a look and given the interest probably revise my decision on the source code or send you a copy.

Return to “General OpenTTD”