OpenTTD Auto Update - 2.0.6

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

corne
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD Auto Update - 1.1

Post by corne »

Is it possible to use this for the NoAI branche?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Last NoAI is not available in last release 1.1, but it's in my development version. Though it needs more work before it can be released. No promise when that will happen.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
JaW
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JaW »

My firewall says there is a virus in the file 'OpenTTDAutoUpdater.exe'. Is that true or not?
'For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have Eternal Life'
(Bible, John 3:16).
- Visit ottd.hyves.nl
- Playing TTD/OpenTTD for a looong time...
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Looks nice, but I would have one feature request:

Please add proxy server support - as far as my programming experience reaches, I find proxy support being very simple task.

Thank you.
tkz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tkz »

JaW wrote:My firewall says there is a virus in the file 'OpenTTDAutoUpdater.exe'. Is that true or not?
Just an overzealous firewall. I've had no issues.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

CommanderZ wrote:Looks nice, but I would have one feature request:

Please add proxy server support - as far as my programming experience reaches, I find proxy support being very simple task.

Thank you.
I got a question earlier in the thread about adding proxy support. Last time I had bad luck finding any good hints on the net on how to add proxy support with the HTTP client that I am using (TIdHttp). However today I found this page which explains it quite straight forward and hopefully also correct :wink:. I guess the password and username fields listed here are useful in some cases.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

The proxy I'm behind has anonymous access, but I guess some proxies may use it. Thanks for looking into it :bow:
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

JaW wrote:My firewall says there is a virus in the file 'OpenTTDAutoUpdater.exe'. Is that true or not?
I suppose you've downloaded the zip-file from the first post in this thread and not from someone else? It should be OpenTTDAutoUpdate.exe (note it's no r in the end)

Also exactly what is the message you get? And when do you get it? Is it a warning about that the program tries to connect to the internet or does it says that it comes from an untrusted source?

---

In the first post in this thread you will find a detailed list of what the program does.

If that is not enough, feel free to use wireshark (a packet sniffer) to see exactly what packets it sends if you are curious. Also there is programs to detect what files the program access on your local file systems. I don't know any of them, but I know it exists for Linux and I guess someone have written something similar for Windows. If you are afraid to test it on your main system, make a virtual machine, install windows on it and test it there.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

JaW wrote:My firewall says there is a virus in the file 'OpenTTDAutoUpdater.exe'.
Besides, last time I checked, firewalls don't scan for viruses :wink:
different
Engineer
Engineer

Post by different »

Is there any plans for an OS X port?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

different wrote:Is there any plans for an OS X port?
No,

because the code is rather platform dependent due to the nature of the program. Plus Delphi is to my knowledge not made to work on Mac OS X. Three was a Linux effort, kylix made by Borland some years ago but they did put down that project.

So to make a OX X version I have to write it from scratch. Add to that that I've not used a mac frequently since MacOS 6, 7 or maybe 8. (back in the time when you needed to hold your mouse button down too keep a menu open.)

Edit: I did not meant to sound arrogant. I just wanted to let you know my reasons. And if you know MacOSX and programming you might want to give it a try? :wink:
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

FooBar wrote:
JaW wrote:My firewall says there is a virus in the file 'OpenTTDAutoUpdater.exe'.
This one does and quite efficiently it seems since no other program detected it.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I would call that 'AntiVirus' or 'Internet Security Suite'
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Roest wrote:
FooBar wrote:
This one does and quite efficiently it seems since no other program detected it.
Would you please give some more information. Especially noticeable the filename you've given is not the filename of the exe file in the zip file I've uploaded to tt-forums. From where did you get your exe file?

Also, exactly what does your antivirus program warn about? That the program comes from an untrusted source? That it connects to the internet? That it is not in the database of safe programs? I'm not surprised if some security programs will warn about programs you've downloaded from the net that does not have "works for windows XP" (or vista) license from Microsoft. After all I could be evil. Even if I say I'm not. Either you trust me enough, or find an alternative solution.

(The program comes with no warranty that it will even work, though I've tested it quite extensive to make me confident even if I don't give any guaranties.)
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

I forgot the irony tags.
different
Engineer
Engineer

Post by different »

Zuu wrote:
different wrote:Is there any plans for an OS X port?
Edit: I did not meant to sound arrogant. I just wanted to let you know my reasons. And if you know MacOSX and programming you might want to give it a try? :wink:
That's fair. If I'm completely honest, I'd prefer something in the main application bundle, like most other OS X apps. Sometimes I feel that OTTD isn't a great first class citizen on a mac - but considering that it was never written for OS X in the first place, it is a joy to play it. :)

I know some programming, but not enough to be able to wrap my head around objective C... I prefer working with web scripting (which is a whole lot easier!)
SanderDolphin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SanderDolphin »

A most useful application indeed. Many thanks for creating it.

Could I make one suggestion. Could you also include the latest "stable release", currently OpenTTD 0.6.1-RC1. I use this for multiplayer games a lot, as well as making use of the nightly build and openttdcoop, and would love it if this program would do that one too.

I started with three shortcut buttons, with this application I'm down to two. The above enhancement would mean I can play with just the one icon. no matter what scenario I choose :)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

0.6.1-RC1 is NOT a stable release.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Some good news,

* I've implemented proxy support in next version
* Next version also includes a more flexible way to support more targets such as NoAI and stable releases.

The bad news,
- As always, you have to wait until it's released. :wink: My TODO includes some more to do before it can be released. Except it to take some time, can't promise anything as it's a spare time project, but if you use version 1.1 you will get notified when it's ready. :D

SanderDolphin wrote:A most useful application indeed. Many thanks for creating it.
Thanks for your kind feedback. It's nice to know that some of you out there find the program useful. :)
SanderDolphin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SanderDolphin »

Rubidium wrote:0.6.1-RC1 is NOT a stable release.
stable enough for me :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”