OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC4

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

matthijs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matthijs »

matthijs wrote:Hmm, I might have forgotten to add freetype as a build dependency to freetype in the debian package. I remember thinking about it, but I'm not sure it actually happened. I'll check next week (busy right now).
I've checked and I forgot the dependency. It took some fiddling, since autodetection fails for some reason, but I got it fixed.

Freetype and fontconfig support will be in the rc5 release.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

... sprite limit ...
Thanks everybody for the great work ... I no longer have problems with the sprite limit; using the latest nightly that is.
shagademis
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Japanese (and Unicode generally) on OS X build

Post by shagademis »

ickoonite wrote:I'm the Japanese translator for OpenTTD and am a little bit peeved at the moment as the shiny new Unicode, etc. support doesn't appear to work on OS X. I've tried compiling with libfreetype, etc. but to no avail. Bit disappointing really, as it means I am having to run OTTD under Windows on Virtual PC to test out my modifications.

So, yeah, a fix for that would be absolutely brilliant. As it is now, on my system (where the system language is set to Japanese), if you load OTTD up without an openttd.cfg, it defaults to Japanese and thus just a load of question marks, because the font support appears not to be there.
could you please tell me how you got these industries and ships?
ickoonite
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Japanese (and Unicode generally) on OS X build

Post by ickoonite »

shagademis wrote:could you please tell me how you got these industries and ships?
What industries and ships?
shagademis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shagademis »

in the screenshorts in that post, sorry for not making myself clear
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The post you quoted contains no screenshots.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
klogg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by klogg »

Today I started using RC4 instead of RC2.
Maybe it's just me but I think industries BOOSTED there production instantly.
(Some increase there produvtion 10% every month, but I can be wrong)

More important: I get the industrie-change messages twice a month.
At the beginning and again at the end. That is annoying.

klogg
RvL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvL »

As you may know, some people have/had problems with sound in OpenTTD on Windows Vista (see this topic)

DarkVater has succesfully written a DirectSound driver. Will this driver also be available in the coming RC5/Final?

Return to “General OpenTTD”